Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 12:14 PM

1,499 posts, read 885,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
^Confuses indictments with convictions. Words have meaning. Sometimes it helps to look them up.
Indictments also have a negative connotation

Have you ever been indicted?

As Biden!

Ahhh. No. But Trump has. 4 times in four different jurisdictions.

Vote for a crook? Nah

Old 01-12-2024, 12:51 PM

579 posts, read 432,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
I don't have to.

I don't have to justify my reasons for why I think the way that I do for you.

you obsessing over it is weird and just proves my point that this entire thread is bogus. The left isn't interested in "listening" to others different opinions they're only interested in being condescending and attempting to try to virtue signal that you can't possibly like trump because XYZ.

It must be really sad to look at life that way.

If I asked you why you liked an illegitimate, corrupt, non coherent president, and if you gave me your answers I wouldn't be rude enough to tell you that you're wrong I would just accept that it was your opinion. It's not my job or place to talk you out of what you believe or belittle you for it.
You chose to participate in this thread. You gave an incomplete answer. If I were asked why I liked someone, and I wanted to answer, I would try to give a complete answer. I might even give sources. I might explain why I feel that way. Someone else might say, "actually, he/she did this, and here's a [reputable] source showing it", and I would check that out, because I don't want to be giving out incorrect info, nor do I want to support someone if they don't match what I'm looking for. I also would have no trouble admitting a candidate's obvious faults. None of them are perfect.

As long as you continue to appear unable to have a civil discussion about what the candidates believe in, what they will do, and why you prefer one or the other, it just appears that you're going along with the masses and have invested no thought into specifics about these candidates at all. I don't care to talk you out of your beliefs. That's pretty much impossible. I just wondered what the reasoning is behind them. If it seems like I'm obsessing, it's just that I can't ask things like this of my relatives without them getting condescending and snarky. I thought maybe someone here might speak up and have something useful to discuss.

Old 01-12-2024, 01:33 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,286,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Donald Trump was a vigorous president and he is still very energetic and able to juggle 100 things at once and keep going forward.
Thanks for the much needed laugh out loud today! He watched Fox News in the White House 4-5 hours each day. He didn't juggle anything except putting ketchup on his fries. The rest of the time was spent plotting against his personal enemies. Don't confuse someone mouthing off and speaking in incoherent sentences loudly as being "very energetic".

Old 01-12-2024, 02:14 PM

11,769 posts, read 5,783,856 times
TDS still exists - for how long folks?

Old 01-12-2024, 02:29 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,047,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
I understand there's more to decisions, but is Iowa no longer ag sensitive?
Agriculture is still big, but a web search shows that only 5% of Iowans are farmers, and 20% are employed by the agriculture business. I expect most Iowans are not in tune with the details of federal ag programs, and the reasons for Trump support are largely the same as in other rural areas.

I grew up on a farm in Iowa, and one of my siblings is still in a farming family there, fwiw.

Old 01-12-2024, 04:07 PM

11,769 posts, read 5,783,856 times
Or maybe farmers who are hard workers look at Trump as someone who will close the border and end all these handouts.

Old 01-12-2024, 04:16 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,047,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Or maybe farmers who are hard workers look at Trump as someone who will close the border and end all these handouts.
Ha!!

Yeah my brother-in-law complains like this. Kind of rich, considering their family has received more than six million dollars in farm subsidies.

They do work very hard, and I don't begrudge their success. But I really have to bite my tongue hard when he starts talking about "handouts".

Old 01-12-2024, 05:37 PM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
TDS still exists - for how long folks?
It's not "TDS".

It is the natural, complete, and revolting feeling that most people experience when they look at the capacity for evil.

Old 01-12-2024, 08:19 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,012,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Indictments also have a negative connotation

Have you ever been indicted?

As Biden!

Ahhh. No. But Trump has. 4 times in four different jurisdictions.

Vote for a crook? Nah
In the American justice system, the accused is presumed innocent. That's kind of a big deal.

It's also interesting that Trump lived 70 plus years before being indicted by his political rival during a campaign.

Last edited by MUTGR; 01-12-2024 at 08:39 PM..

Old 01-12-2024, 09:15 PM

1,499 posts, read 885,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
In the American justice system, the accused is presumed innocent. That's kind of a big deal.

It's also interesting that Trump lived 70 plus years before being indicted by his political rival during a campaign.
But only he has been accused

You likely slept thru the past 3 years

He has been a crook just like his father
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa