Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 03:26 PM

12 posts, read 82,082 times

Advertisements

thanks for the heads up, FLD. I am hoping to start work on Oct 1st and will probably go Columbus early September to do some house hunting. I'll make an effort to drive around town and look for the 'For Rent' sign.

If you don't mind sharing, what's your thought about the houses that you saw that were up for rent? Are they better choices compared to the apartments in Columbus?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 03:39 PM
FLD FLD started this thread

21 posts, read 170,742 times
Yes, it is a really good idea to come and hold a place before you really move here.

Since we came from Australia just the night before I started working, we had to stay in a hotel for 2 weeks, not being able to get a apartment or anything.

I think it all depends on luck, I guess, that at the time you are here there may be good houese for rent around or just the other way around. On Wednesday, one of my work mate just told me of a nice house with a "For Rent" sign and we planned to go and have a look at it on this weekend. However, he just let me know he found that this morning the house had changed to "For Sale".

Honestly, I prefer living in a house, but what I have come across so far with respect to houses for rent, I might be better of with a 'good' apartment. But this is only my experience and yours can differ.

That was why we decided to move to another apt and would buy a house after that.

Best of luck, though.

Regards,
FLD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panjang View Post
thanks for the heads up, FLD. I am hoping to start work on Oct 1st and will probably go Columbus early September to do some house hunting. I'll make an effort to drive around town and look for the 'For Rent' sign.

If you don't mind sharing, what's your thought about the houses that you saw that were up for rent? Are they better choices compared to the apartments in Columbus?

Thanks

Old 08-03-2007, 07:39 PM

645 posts, read 1,543,209 times
Here is the Homes for rent/sale from the Columbus Republic.

Shopping : Real Estate For Sale

Subcategory to the top left shows 83 "for rents".

Old 09-03-2010, 04:16 AM

2 posts, read 4,812 times
Your neighborhood seems exquisite! We may move to Columbus (husband may have a job at Cummins). Do you know anything about nearby stables? My daughter and I have fallen in love.

Old 09-03-2010, 07:50 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,761,834 times
There are a few stables in the area. Rosebud is on the southside of town, Brush Creek on the east side I can't remember the one on the northside of town .. which is sad because that is the one we've actually been to! You won't have problems finding quality stables and instruction if you move here!

Old 05-22-2019, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 495 times
Let me guess. You are going to work at Cummings.
You will not last more than 8 months in the town either because the local morons have driven you out or the Cummings nazis have fired you.

Old 05-22-2019, 06:09 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,369,474 times
Pretty sure the original poster doesn't need help. He posted 12 years ago.

Someone sounds bitter?

Old 05-23-2019, 02:40 PM

4,506 posts, read 4,630,149 times
It seems to me that Columbus is the best town in Indiana under 100,000 population that doesn't have a state college and is not a suburb to another town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana