Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 PM

17 posts, read 92,370 times

Advertisements

I was actually looking at houses (just to get a feel of prices and such) in Newburgh and was concerened about the travel? Approx how long does it take to get from Newburgh...to say...Eastland Mall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 02:59 PM

8,988 posts, read 17,333,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.goeckner View Post
I was actually looking at houses (just to get a feel of prices and such) in Newburgh and was concerened about the travel? Approx how long does it take to get from Newburgh...to say...Eastland Mall?
Depends on what part of Newburgh; in general though, not very long at all. At most under normal circumstances, probably no longer than 20 minutes to get to the mall. Really, it should not even take that long from most of Newburgh.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:05 PM

Okay. I just kept looking and looking and google mapping from different towns and was like...WHAT IN THE WORLD?? They all seemed to be so far!!!

Old 01-29-2009, 03:08 PM

8,988 posts, read 17,333,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Halfway joking, lol! What cop hasn't ever been called a pig before? I do know quite a few EPD officers and love then dearly, but some; well let's just say there are a few bad apples in that bunch.
Well, of course I have heard some druggies call cops pigs; but most normal people don't think that way

Quote:
Not only due to Icon or Aztar district, the whole stadium deal (BAD move IMO!!!), as well as just a "feel", if that makes any sense. It's hard to describe.
I guess I just have a different perspective. I have lived in Evansville, Hendo, KY; and metro-Detroit; and now currently reside right outside of downtown Indianapolis. Evansville could build three arenas and a mega-mall and it would not at all "feel" like it is a big city. As a non taxpaying frequent visitor of Evansville, I like the idea of the arena. The family and friends I have in the area are probably 60/40 against the arena; but I guess I do not really have a dog in the fight. If I were to move to Evansville, I would be 100% for it considering the development that is pledged to come along with it from private companies.

Quote:
No, you are correct EVSC is pretty even on their schools, but I personally wouldn't my child going to some of them due to the element in and around that area, ya know?
Absolutely! While none of the high schools bother me; I would certainly check the feeder schools for some of them.

Of course, Castle has great schools as well. Newburgh is a real nice little town.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:08 PM

62 posts, read 292,338 times
nice neighborhoods over on the east side near U of E. shopping on the east side is better too (if you ask me). i'd say just come and visit (although right now things are pretty icy). E-ville is not a big city it is a very manageable size, no need to be overwhelmed. welcome and good luck!

Old 01-30-2009, 09:21 AM

Thank you, you guys!!! I think my friend and I may come and stay the weekend and get our shop on!!!!

Old 01-30-2009, 09:56 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,637,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.goeckner View Post
Thank you, you guys!!! I think my friend and I may come and stay the weekend and get our shop on!!!!
You might want to wait a few more weeks to visit, since about a 1/3 or so of the city is still without power due to the ice storms, and there is literally NO ROOM at ANY hotels/motels within miles, due to so make people still not having power or heat or water.

I would hate for you to try and visit this weekend, and be SOL, ya know?

Old 01-30-2009, 10:10 AM

Oh, actually, we aren't planning it until the last weekend of February!!! Thank you though! My dad and step-mom and brothers and sisters all live in Madisonville, KY and the whole city/county is without. It's awful!!!

Also...Anyone know what is "good price" or "rip off" for a nice house in Newburgh or in the 47714/47715 area code?

Old 01-30-2009, 10:42 AM

74 posts, read 200,448 times
My son in law works for a electric utility contractor company that is in Raleigh NC. He and several of his crew and trucks are near that area in KY working on repairs to the grid lines and such. They are sleeping in tents and trucks for the lack of rooms. If ya'll see some of those crews make sure you tell them thanks for their hard work. I know it seems to take forever to get back on line but there is alot of damage out there so please have patience as they are working and living in some bad conditions

Old 01-30-2009, 11:48 AM

Absolutely! They are definitely doing all they can...it's just such a disaster!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana