Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 08:58 PM

55 posts, read 229,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerdj View Post
Could not agree more with blogger on TH. I grew up about 45 east of TH and would either go through or stop in occasionally and as he stated, you really do just feel this weird ass vibe. The stink is incredible. I live in West Lafayette right now attending Purdue, who also has a stink due to a dog food rendering plant, but TH is even beyond comprehension depending on which way the wind is blowing. The meth use is out of control and has since spread out of TH into the rural areas and small towns nearby. The crime is ridiculous. My sister attends Indiana State University in TH and her roommate one day went to the grocery store, put his groceries on the porch to walk up stairs to unlock and open the door, when he walked back down to the porch to carry his groceries up, they were gone!! I had never heard of such a thing. I had two other friends get broken into and robbed, one at gunpoint. Another friend had a beautiful restored Trans Am that someone put a brick through the windshield simply because it was the nicest car on the street. So yeah, stay away from TH if you have absolutely any choice at all. Plus, there is a big cat rescue area in Centerton (near TH) that has lions, tigers, panthers, etc. They have had a handful of animals escape the last couple years, some have never been found. So there is something else to think about if you live outside of TH to the east.

Regarding Centerton, it's over an hour away from TH. I would be far more worried about the Illinois drivers then I would big cats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 11:34 PM

4 posts, read 20,295 times
Funny cause as Terre Haute does have its issues, most of the people that have something negative to say bout Terre Haute haven't been anywhere else. Terre Haute is a dieing city and there really isn't much work there, which is the main contributor to the poverty and crime, but it will always be home to me. As much as people talk trash and say they want to leave, very few ever actually do leave. The biggest issues in Terre Haute are thieves and drugs. It's odd to me cause living there, I knew very few people that had never smoked weed. Although Meth is the drug of choice now, but this is a national epidemic and especially a midwest epidemic. I think drugs and almost all crimes are more evident in Terre Haute because the size and small town atmosphere of Terre Haute, but this is not just a Terre Haute issue. I live in Central Texas now, and can tell you that the crime problems here in Killeen, Temple, and Waco are so much worse than Terre Haute. I think its just hard to avoid in Terre Haute because everybody knows each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana