Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 01:07 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,360,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
White privilege is just a way to divide our country. If our country is soooo racist, why are people pouring in through the southern border?

And all of your 'facts' are opinions. Maybe you should have paid more attention in school.
I'm certain that there is verifiable research that shows those statements are more than opinion. Anyone that cites newsmax, breitbart or gateway pundit as a source wouldn't understand that research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2021, 01:14 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,347,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
I'm certain that there is verifiable research that shows those statements are more than opinion. Anyone that cites newsmax, breitbart or gateway pundit as a source wouldn't understand that research.
No, those sources just don't synch with Left-leaning Holy Writ.

By the time they enter the seventh grade, a substantial percentage of students are capable of educating themselves, and by the ninth grade. these clearly are the majority. They don't need indoctrination by any group pushing its own agenda -- the National (Mis-) Education Association included.

Old 02-21-2021, 02:14 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,073,263 times
Quote:
I had intended to go through those assertions one by one and fact check them, and still might, if anyone wants (largely using the FBI Uniform Crime Reports). But the main takeaway is that the "grievance industry" does exist, led by those who wish to perpetuate misinformation in order to sway public support, and therefore, dollars. An example of this is a newspaper headline last week that proclaimed "66% of Covid vaccinations in Illinois have gone into white arms". At first glance, this seems to be an injustice, right? That is, until you realize that over 70% of Illinois' population is white, so that means that minorities received the vaccination in higher proportions than their relative populations would support, white people have actually been "shortchanged" in this regard.

Now, the actual facts are more nuanced, because immunizations are being prioritized by occupation (health care and public safety workers being first, and then by age, since deaths are much more represented among older folks). And there are other considerations as well, such as deaths also being over-represented among minorities, and the fact that minorities are less likely to be inoculated due to mis-trust. Bottom line, it would take a lot of work to drill down into the details to find out if there is truly any kind of racial disparity in vaccination rates, and if so, why? Was that done? Nope, because it doesn't fit the publisher's narrative, and their desire to grab eyeballs (and advertising dollars).

We (the American Public) are being fed a constant stream of misinformation, propaganda, and outright lies. Maybe we always have, but it is getting MUCH worse with the advent of the 24-hour news cycle, the internet, and social media. You simply cannot trust anything you read today, without putting it through your BS detector. Sad, but True. If nana's assertions are false, I cannot speak to her intentions, whether they are designed to elicit a desired response other than dissemination of factual information.

Old 02-21-2021, 02:43 PM

4,952 posts, read 3,065,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
If our country is soooo racist, why are people pouring in through the southern border?

Because there are people in Washington that calculate our future taxpayer base.
And when they realize Americans aren't having enough children(like now)to pay bills in 2050; they relax immigration requirements.

It's always about $$$ when it comes to our policies, I know you know this.

Here's what I didn't learn in my public education, spanning Skokie, Des Plaines, Mt. Prospect, and Downers Grove; we moved a lot.
Common sense, deductive reasoning, critical thinking, forming opinions; the parents finally sent me to private school to learn these.

Old 02-21-2021, 06:11 PM

21,953 posts, read 9,528,167 times
Quote:
Feel free to post a link.

Old 02-21-2021, 06:12 PM

21,953 posts, read 9,528,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
Because there are people in Washington that calculate our future taxpayer base.
And when they realize Americans aren't having enough children(like now)to pay bills in 2050; they relax immigration requirements.

It's always about $$$ when it comes to our policies, I know you know this.

Here's what I didn't learn in my public education, spanning Skokie, Des Plaines, Mt. Prospect, and Downers Grove; we moved a lot.
Common sense, deductive reasoning, critical thinking, forming opinions; the parents finally sent me to private school to learn these.

We're almost there.

Old 02-21-2021, 09:38 PM

738 posts, read 488,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
White privilege refers to these facts:

White people in general are able to have a positive relationship with the police. Black people in general don't have that kind of relationship with police.

White people are generally favored by the school authorities. Their children do not usually get suspended for minor offenses and certainly the youngest preschoolers are not treated as if they were inherently bad.

White people have the privilege of finding books that represent their race in a positive way (this is getting better, but it is still not easy to find good books that portray black children positively especially in schools.

White people can and do play the colorblind card.

White people are usually not assumed to be ready to steal from stores. They are not followed around and watched suspiciously.

The deadliest hate crime in the history of South Carolina occured in Charleston in 2015.
https://www.washingtoninformer.com/e...%20the%20South.
Black people have a much higher criminality rate per % of US population, so that's not saying much that "white people" have better relations with cops.

And which white people are you referring to? People who's ancestors were on the mayflower, or like me? Coz I wasn't even born in the US. What about all the other ethnic groups, asians, arabs, caribbean black immigrants, african immigrants, all the immigrants really? What's their relations with cops like, coz I don't hear them making a big deal of it.

What's "colorblind card"?

Old 02-21-2021, 09:41 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,260,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
Hmm, 2 things eh?
Let them list BLM being a marxist movement created by 3 militant lesbians with the aim to topple "white patriachy", and that the the only black lives it seems to be concerned about is black perps shot by cops. Now THAT would be a fun day at school.
All that was in the song? Must be some lyricist to get that to rhyme.

Old 02-22-2021, 07:56 AM

4,656 posts, read 3,272,825 times
Good morning,

With my position in a jail, the staff in my company have a mandatory "Ethics and Boundaries in the Workplace" seminar we need to complete. I had mine last week.

The Presenter shared a story with us in which she had addressed another group of women as "ladies." And then one of the students came up to her afterward and indicated she was offended by being called a lady, due to the wide spectrum of gender fluidity, as well as a negative connotation of the word, "lady." (Incidentally, I did a search and I did not find anything negative... well, in MY interpretation)…. So, now the Presenter says she refrains from using that term with a group of female students, so as to be proactive in NOT re-offending anyone.

After the seminar, my 2 female co-workers said to me, "Jay, we thought immediately about YOU when the Presenter said that, because every morning when we come into the office, you greet us with a "good morning, ladies.' "

Well since this IS a Chicago forum, I will say that yesterday when I went into the McDonald's in Lincoln Square, I wondered when it will come around that it will no longer say "Ladies" on the female bathroom.

Thoughts???

Old 02-22-2021, 09:11 AM

738 posts, read 488,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Good morning,

With my position in a jail, the staff in my company have a mandatory "Ethics and Boundaries in the Workplace" seminar we need to complete. I had mine last week.

The Presenter shared a story with us in which she had addressed another group of women as "ladies." And then one of the students came up to her afterward and indicated she was offended by being called a lady, due to the wide spectrum of gender fluidity, as well as a negative connotation of the word, "lady." (Incidentally, I did a search and I did not find anything negative... well, in MY interpretation)…. So, now the Presenter says she refrains from using that term with a group of female students, so as to be proactive in NOT re-offending anyone.

After the seminar, my 2 female co-workers said to me, "Jay, we thought immediately about YOU when the Presenter said that, because every morning when we come into the office, you greet us with a "good morning, ladies.' "

Well since this IS a Chicago forum, I will say that yesterday when I went into the McDonald's in Lincoln Square, I wondered when it will come around that it will no longer say "Ladies" on the female bathroom.

Thoughts???
Master Jay, the thought that immediately comes to mind is that America and the western world in general haven't had enough real problems to contend with for some time, so let's manufacture some.

Hard times make strong men, who make good times, which spawns weak men....and you know what's coming next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois