Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 11:05 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,265,438 times

Advertisements

Sadly it's an example of green-eyed jealousy from someone who should have stayed in school and learned to embrace words. Informed people read; Peoria is an emerging regional STEM hub. The Jump Center in the Medical District will be the only one outside of Chicago. The surprise here is it funded by a Chicago man because Children's Hospital saved his child after a horrific accident.

The next time you're in Peoria take a look-see around Main and Washington. The Block museum should be open, and hopefully so will the new and larger planetarium, as well as the CAT Experience! The skyway will connect hotel guests with indoor parking just off Main and Jefferson. When everything is in place the area will be walkable and about 6 blocks from the Medical District.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
What a profound and useful (NOT)post. When is the last time you were in either city? How often have you been to either city? I travel to each 3-4 times a year on business for the last 8+ years. There are some small sections that are a bit rundown or rough around the edges. But many more middle class and up neighborhoods that are nice. Rock Island has a downtown that still needs more tenants but is doing pretty good; same for Peoria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 02:39 PM

219 posts, read 455,504 times
Quote:
What a profound and useful (NOT)post. When is the last time you were in either city? How often have you been to either city? I travel to each 3-4 times a year on business for the last 8+ years. There are some small sections that are a bit rundown or rough around the edges. But many more middle class and up neighborhoods that are nice. Rock Island has a downtown that still needs more tenants but is doing pretty good; same for Peoria.
I was in both last year and wasn't really impressed with either one, I will say that Downtown Moline has gotten better over the past few years. Both Downtown area's have a long way to go in terms of turning themselves around.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:17 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,264,657 times
You are right about Moline and that is the one I was thinking about. Had a brain cramp and got the 2 mixed up. Moline and Davenport have nicer downtowns than Bettendorf and Rock Island. But I look at the Quad Cities as a whole and viewing it that way, not a bad place to visit or live. Of course it's not a BIG city and doesn't have the corresponding amenities but then again, that's like comparing Cincinnati with Chicago.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:27 AM

219 posts, read 455,504 times
Quote:
You are right about Moline and that is the one I was thinking about. Had a brain cramp and got the 2 mixed up. Moline and Davenport have nicer downtowns than Bettendorf and Rock Island. But I look at the Quad Cities as a whole and viewing it that way, not a bad place to visit or live. Of course it's not a BIG city and doesn't have the corresponding amenities but then again, that's like comparing Cincinnati with Chicago.
And Chicago to New York and New York to Tokyo.. you can go on and on, I guess it's safe to say that no city similar each is unique in it's own way..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois