Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 12:00 AM

110 posts, read 205,355 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure how many are on here, but I hope you are all safe and sound (as well as friends, family, etc.). I recently moved out of the region, so to see the pictures and hear the destruction is truly disheartening.

My prayers to all of those affected.

First, the flooding a few years back, and now this... Harrisburg cannot catch a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 07:57 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,290,012 times
Our thoughts and prayers to our friends in Saline county. As someone who travels there frequently and enjoys the people and surroundings of this area VERY much, I was deeply saddened and in shock when I found out via front page of the newspaper this morning. God Bless you all!!

Old 03-01-2012, 08:57 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,116,747 times
Second everyone's comments for the tragedy that unfolded pre- dawn downstate.

Most of these people had no idea before they went to bed they were going to awaken to literally hell on earth.

Let's hope the state pulls all the resources and helps the families out as fast as possible.

To all the people in Saline county and surrounding area my deepest sympathies.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:22 PM

226 posts, read 647,417 times
I pray for my fellow Harrisburg residents as well. I know someone that died . . . . Bad bad bad sad day.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:35 PM

9 posts, read 13,323 times
Default Sympathy for the suffering

I pray for the recovery of the city and healing from the tragedy. May the residents of Harrisburg
and my relatives living there recognize the fraility of life on earth, and may they live soberly and gratefully in this age of turmoil and change. May lessons be learned, and candid admissions of
guilt be forthcoming.

If we give thanks to God for his gift of life, and rely on him for protection and instruction each day,
we may anticipate the threat and be warned before the storm, in order to avoid personal calamity
and bodily harm. God is not willing that any should perish, but that all come to repentance. Seek
God today, rather than delay the reckoning and postpone his forgiveness. Confess your sins and
receive forgiveness while mercy allows, because a dark night could bring a tornado to your city,
and you may become a victim and thereafter regret your delinquency. Petition heaven to shield
your city with a covering against the tempest and fierce onslaught. Psalm 127 "Unless the Lord
build the house, they labor in vain who build it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
View detailed profiles of: