Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 05:50 PM

2,926 posts, read 3,098,706 times

Advertisements

@ David, lol. I left Cali in '96 for AZ and now live in rural WA. Was born and raised there, but tell ppl now that I left Cali because I got tired of the Californians.

But in reality, one of the reasons I left Cali was because they just kept (and keep) passing more and more laws that IMHO seem to be leading the whole nation away from personal responsibility. And that is all I'm going to say about it.

@ the OP: I read another post somewhere, similar ones here, and followed that advice on instinct when I first moved to AZ; ditch the CA license plates ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 11:19 PM

102 posts, read 338,149 times
LOL, yea, my family in Oregon suggested the same thing if we moved there. I haven't made my way to Idaho yet, but every time I have gone through Oregon I never had any problems with my Cali plates, I was also amazed at how many Cali plates I saw (and yes, I'll admit it, I was worried too...LOL). So is this what happens when us Californians move? We become afraid of other Californians getting smart enough to escape? lol ...I will definitely get my plates switched though wherever I will end up!

Old 03-07-2010, 11:30 PM

7,386 posts, read 12,689,597 times
The only place we've ever had problems with our CA plates so far has been in Montana--never any problem in ID!

Old 03-08-2010, 04:44 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,965,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
The only place we've ever had problems with our CA plates so far has been in Montana--never any problem in ID!
That's because half of the plates in ID are CA plates.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:38 PM

3 posts, read 4,077 times
IN MY OPNION PEOPLE WHAT IS IT WITH CALIFORNIANS THINKING IDAHOS GOING TO SOLVE ALL THEIR PROBLEMS ??IF YOU WANT OUT OF YR BAD EXISTANCE IN CALIFORNIA WHTY DO PEOPLE NEED TO MOVE SOO FAR I NEVER UNDERSTOOD IT IS IT A RACIAL THING ?? OR WHAT ? SURE ISNT THE WINTERS HAHAHAHAHA KEEP IN MIND JOBS ARE TOUGHER THE WHEATHERS TOUGHER AND IN SOME CASES SMALLER AREAS ARE MORE CLOSE MINDED IN SOME THINKING WAYS AND THE MONEIES NOT AROUND AS EASILY .iDAHOS IDAHO NOT APERFEWCT PLACE NOT HEAVEN OK ITS GOT ITS PROBLEMS ,iVE BEEN TO CLAIFORNIA ALOT DOWN SOUTH UP NORTH AND IN BETWEEN IF YR SICK OF LA GEES THERES SOME MIGHTY NICE PLACES OUT SIDE OF TOWN WITH OUT MOVING 2500 MILES TO NORTH IDAHO JUST TO MAYBE POSSIBLY FIND OUT YOU DMAN WELL HATE IT EVEN MORE THEN WHERE YUOR FROM AND NOW ARE OUT 5K AND ALL THAT ENRGY MOVING , CAN YOU HANDLE 5 FEET OF SNOW (ALTOUGH THIS YEAR WAS RARE) AND A BAD ECONOMY ?? ID ASK SOME SERIOUS QUESTIONS BEFORE RUNNING TO IDAHO TO HIDE OUT CALIFORNIA NOT THAT BAD AS THEY SAY CHECK MY HEAD LOL OF COURSE I KNOW MY AREAS AND STAY ONLY IN THE GOOD AREAS WHEN TRAVELING OR VISITING TRY REDDING ITS REALLY NICE THERE

Old 03-22-2010, 07:42 PM

3 posts, read 4,077 times
Keep in mind idahos not perfect no matter who sings that song no place is do what you want but id look at all options beofre possibly making amove you may regret it just may be a cultural shock to you if yr still young and not ready for retirement or you may love it too i just think id exmaine it well before running this far north

Old 03-23-2010, 12:21 PM

lol thanks Wash. ...yea, we have been researching this for quite some time. I am not sure what is up with "ALL THE CALIFORNIANS.." I can only speak for myself and know I am ready to get out- I am not one to make impuslive 2k + mile moves. Your post felt a bit ignorant and confrontrational to me so I am not really going to jump in and explain myself, but I do appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:23 PM

820 posts, read 1,741,646 times
Like many have said, Idaho is not perfect. It is a great place, but everywhere as its ups and downs. Weather is normally good, people are normally friendly, and the cost of living is not out of the park. On the downside, alot of people can be very biased in their opinions and not open to anything new, the government in kootenai county is very hesitant to change (IE our dog park), and we are way behind the curve technologically. So you should just come up and judge for yourself, as that is the only way to form any real opinion. Goodluck!

Old 03-23-2010, 12:31 PM

Thanks Shaner- I definitely agree, there is no "perfect place". I have been doing a lot of online networking and have met some really great people so far, I amazed at how helpful people have so far. I can't wait to get up there, we are pretty excited. We have received a great reception so far and are already building up a clientele, pretty exciting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho