Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 05:25 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times

Advertisements

DR,

You'll make the best out of living in the back. You have a way to see everything in a positive light.......even if it does take some time.

Happy about your news!

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 10:38 AM

993 posts, read 3,253,112 times
Out of the Trailer and back in the Calif house.
Looks like the termites are dead.
Had our Idaho home inspected and he found no big problems just a few small honeydo's. Clean the rian gutters was the biggest fault.
Looks like we are on for moving over Thanksgiving weekend.
Have to stay in the Emmett motel again for a few days while we wait for Dec 1. Then we can take over the new Casa.
In the mean time we can park our 5th wheel on the property anytime after Thanksgiving.
We are now hoping for a dry weatherless move over Donner pass.
Once we get there " Let it snow ""..

Old 11-04-2009, 11:29 AM

45 posts, read 110,993 times
Sounds positively wonderful. Best wishes for the move.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:42 AM

232 posts, read 565,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DESERTRYDER View Post
Mac can't you just explain to them " your done "???
I will still trail ride with you even if we are Old and Gray by the time you get here.
Typical gummint...."Ya ain't done til I tells ya yer done!"

There are a couple of little clauses in the retirement package that turn out to be not in my favor. If I choose to not do the extra year, it will cost me about $18k per year in retirement payments. That's not a small amount....a couple of new bikes per year!!

What do you mean "even if we are old and gray"? I already am old. However, there is only a little gray.....because there is only a little bit of hair left!

I'm beginning to wonder how I'll do out there. It is in the upper 50's in the early morning here (yes, quite a drop from the daily 120's and 130's) and I'm freezing. Daytime is gorgeous though...right around 80 degrees and light breezes. I could get used to this part!

I've been offline for a while, so will go back and read the rest of the mail now....I'm only up to early October.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:50 AM

DesertRyder...

Just about everywhere in the world we've been posted, the over always seems to be electric. I hate cooking with electricity and so does my wife. One of my hard requirements for our new house is that it have gas stove and heat....no alternates accepted.

Enjoy your turkey in Emmett. I'll be spending Thanksgiving sitting on the tarmac, waiting for a C-130 to take me on R&R. Tried to get it moved back a day or two, but just couldn't make it fit. Oh well, I can handle the leftovers!

Cheers,

Mac

Old 11-08-2009, 12:00 PM

Default It's finally here....

Wow....after all the trials and tribulations (not to mention how many months of waiting and hoping and looking and...and....and....), you're finally on your way. I still don't have any word on my situation....just hanging here in limbo and hoping for the best.

Anyway, I know you're excited and anxious to get going....hell, I'm excited and anxious for you too! Here's wishing you a great trips, lots of interesting sights, smooth roads, and a decent tail wind! Once you're there, may the house be everything you hoped for and more.

Cheers my friend, and all the best!

Mac

Old 11-08-2009, 02:50 PM

420 posts, read 1,193,870 times
Get over that pass and home to Idaho ASAP. Grab some Elk meat on the way and barbecue it up when you get to the new digs. Walk outside and give a great big yell the rest of us can hear. Calif will be a faint memory soon buddy.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:11 PM

993 posts, read 3,253,112 times
Fish thanks mcuh.
All the stars are aligning with the Escrow Guru's and it's looking better.
Moving Van to get here on the day before Thanksgiving.
We will be driving Thanksgiving day with Taco's for dinner in Winnemucca for our feast.
We will be a few days early to our new home so a bit more trailering at the Emmett Fairgroundswith kids and dogs in the trailer. Secretly I am buy some extra Crack for those few days
Dec 1 we get the new house. Furniture to arrive after that.

I think I am a very Lucky Man..

Last edited by DESERTRYDER; 11-08-2009 at 03:54 PM..

Old 11-08-2009, 07:29 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Wink Lucky Indeed

Quote:
Fish thanks mcuh.
We will be driving Thanksgiving day with Taco's for dinner in Winnemucca for our feast.
We will be a few days early to our new home so a bit more trailering at the Emmett Fairgroundswith kids and dogs in the trailer. Secretly I am buy some extra Crack for those few days

I think I am a very Lucky Man..:rolleyes:
You are, DR. You are a Lucky Man!

Hope everything goes safely with the move!

Maybe enroute you'll think of a new title for your arrival (title/arrival - have a rhyme). Worried about whose panties are still in a wad everytime I see this thread's name.

MSR

Old 11-08-2009, 10:02 PM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Quote:
Fish thanks mcuh.

I think I am a very Lucky Man..
DR, I get a vicarious thrill every time I read about how you're inching closer to ID! And then I go over to my notepad and work on our cabin design! All the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho