Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2023, 12:38 PM

464 posts, read 1,111,092 times

Advertisements

Been a hot minute since I've visited this part of the internet, but any time I want to ask questions about a specific town or state I think city-data forums.

I moved my family to Caldwell in 2019 and we loved it here at first. With each passing year it gets worse and worse, though. The crowding, the construction, the low quality human interaction... its just gotten to be too much like the place we fled. Sooooo... the search for our next home has begun and, fortunately, our horse-loving teenage daughter is really wanting to start high school next year in a smaller town. It's always good to have the older kids on board with a big change.

We're visiting Bonners Ferry this weekend and I was hoping to get some insight on places we gotta see while we're exploring the area. We've already begun the rental search, but realistically we won't pull the trigger on a move until Spring. My oldest daughter lives in Post Falls with her newborn, so we have added reason to get to N. Idaho ASAP.

I see it'll be cold and wet, but at least we'll avoid any heavy snow situations. Really the only place I know for sure we'll check out is the downtown area, but I am open to anything. I will be driving all over the place while there if only to see what there is to see and get a mental picture of the area stored. Typical man stuff, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2023, 04:53 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Hi SacTown, nice to see an update. We were in Bonners in early October. I don't know if you and your family are into antiques/collectibles incl. books, but Selkirk Northern Treasures on Main St is really worth a visit, and Bonners Books across the street is equally interesting. Up the hill (south of downtown on 95) is the business district with restaurants, but we really weren't able to find a good restaurant downtown. Maybe we should have asked around.

Good luck, and have fun! In the spring/summer you should visit the wildlife preserve north of the river, and a few miles east of Troy, MT, are the Kootenai Falls, a breathtaking nature experience with a spectacular hanging bridge.

Old 10-31-2023, 06:34 PM

8,489 posts, read 8,771,754 times
Heavy snows make occasional appearances there. Average snowfall is reported at 65 inches, though it may vary by exact location / elevation. 70 inches last winter, 80 inches in 2022. 105 in 2007-8. Some light years too of course.

Rathdrum averages 38.

Bonners Ferry only goes below 0 about 6 times a year but below 32 on about 155 nights into early morning. Those datapoints are only mildly more than Caldwell.

Last edited by NW Crow; 10-31-2023 at 07:02 PM..

Old 10-31-2023, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Heavy snows make occasional appearances there. Average snowfall is reported at 65 inches, though it may vary by exact location / elevation. 70 inches last winter, 80 inches in 2022. 105 in 2007-8. Some light years too of course.

Rathdrum averages 38.

Bonners Ferry only goes below 0 about 6 times a year but below 32 on about 155 nights into early morning. Those datapoints are only mildly more than Caldwell.
Nice! I spent a good deal of time in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. We're cold weather people. Caldwell was always going to be a temporary stop. I'd rather get away from the urban areas of CDA-Spokane. Sounds like just another Treasure Valley to me.

Old 10-31-2023, 09:06 PM

560 posts, read 435,763 times
As long as the weather doesn't surprise us if you have time check out Feist Creek Restaurant. It's a bit of a drive but it'll be a nice one. Head up 95 on the way there and on the way home take Meadow Creek Rd while it's daylight for a nice scenic drive on the way back to US-2. It's one of our favorite places to go up here. Though it is a much better visit during the warm months. Haha.

2673 Moyie River Rd
Bonners Ferry, ID 83805
United States

Old 10-31-2023, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Torgue View Post
As long as the weather doesn't surprise us if you have time check out Feist Creek Restaurant. It's a bit of a drive but it'll be a nice one. Head up 95 on the way there and on the way home take Meadow Creek Rd while it's daylight for a nice scenic drive on the way back to US-2. It's one of our favorite places to go up here. Though it is a much better visit during the warm months. Haha.

2673 Moyie River Rd
Bonners Ferry, ID 83805
United States
Nice! We'll definitely check it out.

Old 11-01-2023, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTown11 View Post
Nice! We'll definitely check it out.
Awesome! Hope you enjoy yourself up here. Drive safe!

Old 11-01-2023, 09:34 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Torgue View Post

2673 Moyie River Rd
Bonners Ferry, ID 83805
United States
Thanks for the suggestion! We need a good restaurant destination on our favorite "Sunday drive" loop from Clark Fork: east on River Road (turns into Clark Fork Road in Montana) to Heron, across the one-lane bridge , then east on 200 to Noxon, north on 56 to Troy, and west on Hwy 2 through Moyie Springs to Bonners Ferry, 95 south to Sandpoint, and 200 east back to Clark Fork. A good Bonners/Moyie Springs restaurant would be just right.

Old 11-01-2023, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! We need a good restaurant destination on our favorite "Sunday drive" loop from Clark Fork: east on River Road (turns into Clark Fork Road in Montana) to Heron across the one-lane bridge, then east on 200 to Noxon, north on 56 to Troy, and west on Hwy 2 through Moyie Springs to Bonners Ferry, 95 south to Sandpoint, and 200 east back to Clark Fork. A good Bonners/Moyie Springs restaurant would be just right.
You're welcome! 200 & 56 are one of our favorite drives. Ever eat at the Halfway House in Troy? Pretty decent steak last time we were there on steak night.

I will say Mi Pueblo in downtown Bonners Ferry is fantastic if you like Tex-Mex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho