Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2023, 12:48 PM

818 posts, read 1,066,796 times

Advertisements

Every month, I look forward to seeing the beautiful photos posted on PBS's Outdoor Idaho!

https://www.idahoptv.org/shows/outdo...o/iconicidaho/

With so much negativity shared on Social Media these days, I look forward to reviewing these peaceful, beautiful pictures of Idaho and it's amazing wildlife. I hope you take the time to follow the link and enjoy Outdoor Idaho, even if you are indoors on your device.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2023, 08:06 AM

382 posts, read 1,032,634 times
How is that a good deal for the photographers? Now all the photos they entered are most likely owned by outdoor Idaho. And they most likely won’t be paid for their image.

Old 10-02-2023, 11:33 AM

1,066 posts, read 782,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay View Post
How is that a good deal for the photographers? Now all the photos they entered are most likely owned by outdoor Idaho. And they most likely won’t be paid for their image.
No one is forced to participate. Sometimes people just like to share their work with others, and it's a good way for lesser known photographers to get their name out there.

Old 10-02-2023, 06:36 PM

128 posts, read 66,762 times
What the heck I threw my hat in the ring. I'm a professional photographer, mostly for real estate and portrait work. But my passion is landscapes and wildlife, so I sent them one.

Old 10-03-2023, 09:05 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBroker View Post
Every month, I look forward to seeing the beautiful photos posted on PBS's Outdoor Idaho!

https://www.idahoptv.org/shows/outdo...o/iconicidaho/

With so much negativity shared on Social Media these days, I look forward to reviewing these peaceful, beautiful pictures of Idaho and it's amazing wildlife. I hope you take the time to follow the link and enjoy Outdoor Idaho, even if you are indoors on your device.
Thanks for the link! But I only have access on my cellphone right now, and the instructional video won't play. Can you tell me the deadline for submissions? I'm just an amateur photographer, but photography is one of my North Idaho passions.

Old 10-03-2023, 11:08 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
and great advertising for realtors in Idaho Bring on the people, bring on the dough!

Fortunately, our 'corporate' PBS carrier in an adjacent state also broadcasts this monthly ID program. It's nice to help remember the ID of 40 - 60 yrs ago. As it is the CO, WY, MT, OR, WA of that same era. When the west was open and free for exploring, and small mom & pop family businesses serving up the food, spirits, groceries, gas, and hardware needs.

AZ Highways magazine is similar... (Where did they take THAT picture?)

Outdoor Idaho has some interesting interviews and commentaries, and lots of ideas.

Old 12-08-2023, 09:35 PM

382 posts, read 1,032,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnythingOutdoors View Post
No one is forced to participate. Sometimes people just like to share their work with others, and it's a good way for lesser known photographers to get their name out there.
Been there done that got copied. And lost the rights to sell my work. It takes a lot of work to go out and capture photos. Folks think it’s easy to get a photograph. I’ve spent years sitting in the same place looking for the one photo. Putting your photography online is just giving it away. Plus other photographers have zero qualms about copying you and going to your photo spots. The new local transplants taught me to not share anything online. Because you will get to meet them the next time your out going to take photos. Be smart and read all the details before you submit your work to anyone. I learned my lesson the hard way.

Old 12-09-2023, 08:53 AM

29 posts, read 11,252 times
Quote:
How is that a good deal for the photographers?
There are certainly some fabulous photos, but yeah -- there's really nothing in it for the photographers. "Look ma, I won, but I didn't even get a T-shirt."

Old 12-09-2023, 10:38 AM

1,066 posts, read 782,609 times
Quote:
Been there done that got copied. And lost the rights to sell my work. It takes a lot of work to go out and capture photos. Folks think it’s easy to get a photograph. I’ve spent years sitting in the same place looking for the one photo. Putting your photography online is just giving it away. Plus other photographers have zero qualms about copying you and going to your photo spots. The new local transplants taught me to not share anything online. Because you will get to meet them the next time your out going to take photos. Be smart and read all the details before you submit your work to anyone. I learned my lesson the hard way.
My dad's a photographer so, no, I don't think it's easy to get a good photo. He visits the same places repeatedly and spends hours and hours waiting for the right light and conditions. He's retired now so he's more inclined to give his work away, because it's just something he loves to do and it makes him happy when others enjoy his work.

I very much enjoyed November's photos. Fall is my favorite season (hunting, fishing, fall colors, crisp air!). Idaho is such a beautiful state.

Old 12-12-2023, 11:12 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
Quote:
The majority of photographers have no way to ever get paid for their photographs and it is just nice to know that lots of people have seen and enjoyed your work. If you happen to have some way to get paid for your good photos, then do that instead.

At least you get to hear folks say, "gee that is wonderful" beyond your spouse and three friends. It is not money, but appreciation and notice go along ways when your hobby is not one that generates any income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: