Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 03:26 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,245,540 times

Advertisements

The booster....now that is an interesting subject. CDC says no, President says yes (although I would not ever take advice from this dude in the WH). And I know people getting the booster who are just old like you (Mike) and me. But that is one of the problems with this entire subject, different health districts within ID are going things differently.

As for protection, just saw two different Dr.s on TV both saying the protection will last for a longer period than being stated by many, just that it does go downhill. So who knows? It appears the best way to have administered the vaccines in the first place (for the two-shot) was about a split of 12 weeks between the 1st and 2nd shot.

One Dr said booster after 8 months, the other said after 6 months of date of first shot, and I have heard 7 months.

And last week at Portnuef Hosp. getting an MRI, I was told it could be ok for 10 months.

So I have concluded no one knows diddly.

Out of curiosity I'll check when getting a prescription next week to see if they are giving shots just to those over 60. If so, I'll call and let you know so you can come on down to Poky and get poked.

BACK TO FIRE/SMOKE.
I agree, smoke is better than fire. And usually, when I walk the dogs at 3AM it is pretty clear of smoke (a few mornings it was bad. Starts to get nasty down here around noon.

Right now it is moderate (AQI 56) in northern Poky; while moderate (AQI 70) south of Blackfoot. And I kind of average those out since I'm about half way between the two sensors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 07:41 PM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times
I drove from North Idaho to Richland Washington and back today and the smoke was bad the entire trip. The air is all thick and ugly. It makes everything look like the Los Angeles Basin used to look many decades ago before they cleaned it up a bit. Well, except for there are very few houses to be seen anywhere on that drive. There is a many mile long view of nothing but harvested fields and a lot of smoke.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:57 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,740,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I drove from North Idaho to Richland Washington and back today and the smoke was bad the entire trip. The air is all thick and ugly. It makes everything look like the Los Angeles Basin used to look many decades ago before they cleaned it up a bit. Well, except for there are very few houses to be seen anywhere on that drive. There is a many mile long view of nothing but harvested fields and a lot of smoke.
Though to be fair to the smoke, the Tri-Cities and most of the area on the way there is pretty ugly. I’m not a fan of the high central Washington desert.
Did you get a puppy?

Old 09-05-2021, 07:57 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,274,159 times
It is really nice right now though in NID.

Old 09-05-2021, 07:58 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,740,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
It is really nice right now though in NID.
It was smokey in Worley today.

Old 09-06-2021, 07:05 AM

1,539 posts, read 1,471,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Nope.
I haven't needed it in this house enough to spend the money. during the heat wave, the only room that grew overly hot was my bedroom. That was due to the garage below it, much to my surprise. Once the garage grows hot, all the heat goes upstairs into my bedroom.
Well I was just thinking you ought to consider a bedroom AC for your health. Perhaps add a room filter, and then you can keep the smoke out of that one area, and you'll spend 8 hours or more without the smoke effecting your lungs.

Old 09-06-2021, 02:37 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm9stheham View Post
Well I was just thinking you ought to consider a bedroom AC for your health. Perhaps add a room filter, and then you can keep the smoke out of that one area, and you'll spend 8 hours or more without the smoke effecting your lungs.
Thanks. Good advice.

My furnace already has an old electro-static filtration system that did do a passable job of cleaning the air when I first moved in, but I didn't need it very much, and turned it off long ago. I'm going to turn it back on today, and if it's not working, I'll buy a replacement. For sure, it will help now.

Old 09-06-2021, 03:53 PM

32,636 posts, read 47,986,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Though to be fair to the smoke, the Tri-Cities and most of the area on the way there is pretty ugly. I’m not a fan of the high central Washington desert.
Did you get a puppy?

I made my selection. I don't bring him home for a couple more weeks.

Not much available for scenery on that drive unless you have an interest in wheat farming.

Old 09-08-2021, 03:35 AM

12,032 posts, read 6,563,490 times
I lived on lake CdA for ten years and loved it there.
But the summer smoke from the burning wheat fields and wildfires damaged my airways.
We had to move to save my lungs.
My lungs were normal and healthy before CdA. After ten years of breathing particulate, I permanently damaged my airways.
We did not have AC or any HEPA air filters. So I urge you to wear N95 masks and get good air filters for when the smoke is bad.. And Do not exercise outside when the smoke is bad.

Old 09-08-2021, 04:27 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,245,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Thanks. Good advice.

My furnace already has an old electro-static filtration system that did do a passable job of cleaning the air when I first moved in, but I didn't need it very much, and turned it off long ago. I'm going to turn it back on today, and if it's not working, I'll buy a replacement. For sure, it will help now.

Per two pharmacists in this area, there will be no decision made about a booster till late September as of right now there is NO direction on to if it is needed. Goes with what I have been reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho