Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 06:47 AM

726 posts, read 329,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011KTM530 View Post
....Really kind of disconcerting and frightening every time a person comes through Idaho.
Unfortunately, it's not just Idaho. This goes on in Utah, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 12:37 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
they are running your tags to see if the car is stolen and who it's registered to. Then they pull you over and you give them your license and registration they can find out about you and your driving record. Then they'll ask a few questions, your reaction to them is usually a dead giveaway....
Yup.
I'm sure that sometimes, the state cops will follow a vehicle for a long way just to see how the driver reacts.

Other times, I think the cops are simply bored and may want to stop someone.

I once had a state cop tail me for about 90 miles, from the Nevada border almost to Twin Falls, because we were the only cars on the highway.

He tried to push me to drive faster than the speed limit several times, but never did. Eventually, I began to let my pickup slow down to a few miles slower than the limit, then a few more, and a few more. By the time I was cruising along at a blistering 48 mph, he finally had enough of the game and passed around me.

Spotted him a few miles down the road hiding behind a hilltop. I don't know if he was waiting for me or not, but I was still driving at 48. He took off again, and was gone for good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: