Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 12:16 PM

2,106 posts, read 1,936,316 times

Advertisements

My reply in blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy15 View Post
Most employees in vet practices are hard working and looking out for the best interest of the animals, many are there just to collect a paycheck and process animals and patients
through the system.
The 'blanket' statement you made in your previous post was an affront to the vet practice employees who are hard working and looking out for the best interest of the animals.

In my experience and opinion an interaction between a vet and owner over the phone is not the same as the real time experience of talking directly with the animal present.

I do not know any vet practices which replace real time interaction with phone conversation. Many vets including my daughter make follow-up off-office hours calls without any charges.

As I mentioned earlier, vets WANT and NEED to talk with the owners to help with diagnostics, understand the problem root causes and to ensure proper adherence to treatment and prevention. The policy of not allowing owners came to exam room is implemented at some practices because of the pandemic. The risks vary from state to state and individual practice's setup and personnel. My daughter's clinic is a very small place with small rooms and small number of staffs with some workers like my daughter are in the high risk category.

If masks are supposed to save us all then there is no reason to practice lesser quality care.

Masks HELP but do not provide TOTAL PROTECTION. Even the best mask N95 can only filter out 95% of particulates. My daughter wore masks and gloves ALL the time but still caught the virus from prolonged exposure to an asymptomatic infected person.

I also want to add in spite of being in the high risk category, my daughter let some owners come directly to the surgery room in several emergency cases (unknown poisons, animals were unconscious or in severe distress etc.). Last weekend while staying at our house, she went out at midnight to get supplies from her clinic then went DIRECTLY to a client' s home to put her suffering dog to sleep. She did not tell the client just to give the dog some pain medication, bring it to the clinic the next day, wait in the car for the tech to bring the dog inside for euthanasia!

It's sad that you are still repeating your blanket condemnation that some vet clinics like my daughter's are using flimsy excuses to practice lesser quality care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 06:37 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDL View Post
I do not know any vet practices which replace real time interaction with phone conversation. Many vets including my daughter make follow-up off-office hours calls without any charges.
You have never encountered Bannock Animal Medical Center in the past few months! Your statement, you have never known a Vet to replace real time interaction with a phone conversation means just that YOU HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTERED ONE.

Cause I certainly have, and that is after having taken my two dogs to this same location over five years now and then they changed their policy. And that is having to point out black skin under the fur in a number of locations and on a heavily furred animal like a Malamute; that could be next to impossible to describe over a phone conversation. But the vet refused, so I dumped her practice like a hot poker and changed over to another, very reasonable, practice.

Old 10-16-2020, 08:53 AM

6,358 posts, read 7,781,715 times
[mod note] Time to stop the bickering. There are conscious, helpful, and compassionate personnel and those who don't give a hoot in all professions and walks of life. We run into all kinds every day. Nobody is going to win this argument. As mentioned, if one is not satisfied with the service somewhere, they are free to take their business elsewhere. [/mod note]

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho