Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 12:10 PM

67 posts, read 90,440 times

Advertisements

If you can find an affordable place in Dalton Gardens, I would suggest that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 12:13 PM

820 posts, read 1,741,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbuse View Post
Thanks for the info, greatly appreciate it! It does seem a bit challenging to find serviceable information for cable in the CDA area (all areas). I'd much prefer to have cable and natural gas.

Appreciate the insight on the trains as well, definitely a concern I have.
As said Dalton Gardens would be a great choice. Whomever your realtor is should be able to call and get a service map from Spectrum and show you the areas that would work.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:27 PM

14 posts, read 23,790 times
Thank you both. I've been calling Spectrum and/or using their online too to help figure it out. The service areas are a little spotty from what I have seen. Thanks again.

Old 06-19-2018, 02:17 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,488,897 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info, greatly appreciate it! It does seem a bit challenging to find serviceable information for cable in the CDA area (all areas). I'd much prefer to have cable and natural gas.

Appreciate the insight on the trains as well, definitely a concern I have.
Originally from Simi Valley. Moved to North Idaho a year ago and settled in Dalton Gardens. I love this little community and we have had no problem with our internet or cable going down or not being fast enough. Would like to say that maybe I'll meet you here, but looks like we are going to be one of many victims of landlords going back on their word to let us rent for three to five years and then buy, and deciding suddenly to try to sell our homes out from under us. If you come here, buy, don't rent. It's a very bad situation for renters right now.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:40 AM

8,506 posts, read 8,818,868 times
I have heard a number of people recently (online and in real life) lose what option they thought they had for rent to own, legally or not. Got to get it in writing and evaluate every provision, every scenario (probably with a lawyer).

Old 06-19-2018, 11:57 AM

2,189 posts, read 2,608,247 times
I'd like to visit CDA next year and this has been a very informative thread. Hope the OP provides an update if they decide to move there.

Old 06-21-2018, 05:12 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,959,688 times
Thank you for all of the great information so far. However, a relative wants to move out of California and needs some good healthcare for a chronic condition. What level of care can be expected in say, CDA?
That said, it looks so wonderful there and the Weather is not intolerable like North Dakota!

Old 06-21-2018, 07:26 PM

6,358 posts, read 7,781,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post
What level of care can be expected in say, CDA?
Kootenai Health is an excellent medical group. There are several smaller groups and Spokane is less than an hour away.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 06-29-2018, 03:10 PM

3 posts, read 3,043 times
Default Broadband Providers by Zip

Quote:
I'm new to this forum, but have seen a lot of posts regarding internet speeds and how inconsistent they can be in North Idaho. The FCC has a website that will let you search for what broadband providers are available by zip code.

https://broadbandmap.fcc.gov/#/

Looking at the map, Sandpoint seems to have a lot more options than CDA. Hopefully this helps.

Old 07-01-2018, 02:45 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,292,522 times
Quote:

Winters are a little scary for sure. Trying to figure out if the space/cost in Rathdrum area is better or if getting something smaller w/ less space but maybe in the Dalton Gardens makes more sense. Tough.
You need not worry. Deep Winter is Nov 15-Feb 15. Three months. You'll be fine, esp if your house has 2x8 walls. We have 2x4 and we are just fine with a few extra layers.

The only way to really get into trouble winter wise is to not respect it and its logistics. You want to be out in the country? Just do what the locals do (most likely a truck with a plow attachment). A generator. Careful attention to drainage. Potential inconveniences, yes, but not much of a real worry!

S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho