Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 10:26 AM

227 posts, read 382,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiasucks View Post
I think that's a bit unfair judgement on your part.

I "HATE" California as well (see my screename for confirmation), but that doesn't mean I'm going to bring my negative attitude to ID. When I was there for a few days, I could already feel my stress levels dropping and was more relaxed. I got along with everyone I spoke to and it seemed as if everyone liked me. The minute I pulled onto the 91 freeway (on my way home from Bose), I immediately noticed my blood pressure rising as the traffic and a$$holes on the road started piling up.

I realize being in a city for only 2-3 days does not give you a good indication of what that city/people are about, but I did not notice the same "bad attitude" from people in Boise that I do from people in So Cal. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, but overall it just seemed like everyone was chill and laid back. Nobody in a rush. None of the "I'm better than you" or "It's all about me" attitude.

Granted, there are good people in California and good things....but it has gotten so bad, the bad outweighs the good. So it's kind of hard to focus on the "good" when you're living in a toilet.

Some of us just want to move to ID, forget we ever came from California and blend in with the rest of the locals.

I already met a girl online and have a date set up for when I get out there in a few weeks. So much for "can't find attractive, normal, single women in Boise" b.s.

It is what you make of it, and those that are running from Commiefornia aren't going through hell and back, upsetting their daily life by planning a move, dealing with the stress that comes with that move and spending thousands of dollars to relocate, just to deal with it all over again. Those that are moving, are most likely going to make a huge effort to fit in and be a productive citizen. I know I am.

I'm so mentally "checked out" of California, it's not even funny. Have been for at least the past 5 years of my life.

I travel for business a lot, and what got me questioning California was meeting and hanging out with people from other states. It was painfully obvious that the differences between California (and the people) vs. any random state was massive. That's what got me questioning whether CA is right for me.
You seem like the kind of ex-CA person I can respect and get along with!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 11:33 AM

742 posts, read 1,130,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiasucks View Post
I think that's a bit unfair judgement on your part.

I "HATE" California as well (see my screename for confirmation), but that doesn't mean I'm going to bring my negative attitude to ID. When I was there for a few days, I could already feel my stress levels dropping and was more relaxed. I got along with everyone I spoke to and it seemed as if everyone liked me. The minute I pulled onto the 91 freeway (on my way home from Bose), I immediately noticed my blood pressure rising as the traffic and a$$holes on the road started piling up.

I realize being in a city for only 2-3 days does not give you a good indication of what that city/people are about, but I did not notice the same "bad attitude" from people in Boise that I do from people in So Cal. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, but overall it just seemed like everyone was chill and laid back. Nobody in a rush. None of the "I'm better than you" or "It's all about me" attitude.

Granted, there are good people in California and good things....but it has gotten so bad, the bad outweighs the good. So it's kind of hard to focus on the "good" when you're living in a toilet.

Some of us just want to move to ID, forget we ever came from California and blend in with the rest of the locals.

I already met a girl online and have a date set up for when I get out there in a few weeks. So much for "can't find attractive, normal, single women in Boise" b.s.

It is what you make of it, and those that are running from Commiefornia aren't going through hell and back, upsetting their daily life by planning a move, dealing with the stress that comes with that move and spending thousands of dollars to relocate, just to deal with it all over again. Those that are moving, are most likely going to make a huge effort to fit in and be a productive citizen. I know I am.

I'm so mentally "checked out" of California, it's not even funny. Have been for at least the past 5 years of my life.

I travel for business a lot, and what got me questioning California was meeting and hanging out with people from other states. It was painfully obvious that the differences between California (and the people) vs. any random state was massive. That's what got me questioning whether CA is right for me.
While it may have been an unfair judgment, there are a few points to make.

1. The Treasure Valley has something like 700,000 people concentrated in a few counties, and then it is empty, rural, low population areas isolated from the next major metro areas. To compare the Boise area with anything in California that is close to some of the major population areas is apples to oranges. You can bet your bottom dollar if we had that sort of population and/or population density, the very same attitudes would prevail. People are people.

2. Not everyone is chill and laid back here, but because of the lower populations, right now we have less stressors and people can be friendlier because we all aren't competing for all of the same limited resources, space, traffic, parking, recreation, housing, etc. During the boom times (and they are coming back), you'll see an uptick in that "all for me" mentality. We certainly saw it pre-recession. If you want to see it in full force, go to a City Council meeting.

3. One date (you haven't been on) does not equal finding a partner. No one said it couldn't be done; they just said it is extremely hard here, given the numbers. YMMV. But don't discount all of the things other people have said just because you got a single date.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:17 PM

20 posts, read 22,923 times
Seain Dublin--Actually, I am a very friendly person, and that comment is a bit of an assumption just because I "hate" California. I do "hate" what it has turned into. I think you assuming I am un-friendly is a bit over the top. I grew up in Southern California, and I honestly used to really love it here, but it has changed so much and not for the good. We just got home from spending a week up in Coeur D'Alene, and we absolutely LOVED it there! The people were so nice and friendly, and NID is just beautiful!! We didn't want to leave. There is a lot of people that are tired of what California has turned into, and my family is one of them. We have decided to make the best choice for our family and move away from it. There is still people that love California and won't ever think of leaving, and that is great and that works for them, but it doesn't work for us. Just like moving to Idaho wouldn't work for everyone either.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:41 PM

227 posts, read 382,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Nitti View Post
Seain Dublin--Actually, I am a very friendly person, and that comment is a bit of an assumption just because I "hate" California. I do "hate" what it has turned into. I think you assuming I am un-friendly is a bit over the top. I grew up in Southern California, and I honestly used to really love it here, but it has changed so much and not for the good. We just got home from spending a week up in Coeur D'Alene, and we absolutely LOVED it there! The people were so nice and friendly, and NID is just beautiful!! We didn't want to leave. There is a lot of people that are tired of what California has turned into, and my family is one of them. We have decided to make the best choice for our family and move away from it. There is still people that love California and won't ever think of leaving, and that is great and that works for them, but it doesn't work for us. Just like moving to Idaho wouldn't work for everyone either.
With reports like yours, I'll have to remind everyone about North Idaho's almost unbearable winters, bigoted inbred white people (almost 100% of the population), and no jobs except for retail and fast food. Also, we are extremely conservative and gun-loving and are known to send Californians who have relocated here headed out of the state in tears and with their tails between their legs .

Old 06-24-2015, 01:59 PM

638 posts, read 979,768 times
Everyone in America hates California

Old 06-24-2015, 02:33 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,016,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow- View Post
Everyone in America hates California
Apparently, even many Californians hate California.

Old 06-24-2015, 04:04 PM

6,358 posts, read 7,783,305 times
California is actually pretty fantastic. Some of the best climate in the country. Natural scenery to rival anything the rest of the country can offer. An agricultural industry that make it one of the biggest economies in the world. On the forefront of technological development. And on and on it goes . . .

The only thing that messes up such a wonderful place is people . . . and way too many of them.

Old 06-24-2015, 04:15 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,219,944 times
I've never been to Idaho and never posted in this section of CD, but the sheer randomness of the this thread title got my attention.

Old 06-24-2015, 06:06 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,293,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Nitti View Post
My family is looking to relocate to CDA next summer from Southern California. We HATE California with a passion and are looking to find a better place to raise our kids. With that being said, I've read a lot of these posts that say that people from Idaho hate Californians and that makes me really nervous. We are not coming to Idaho to make it anything like California. There is a reason we are moving out of California and not looking back.
Should I be worried about relocating me, my hubby and our 3 small boys to CDA?
I honestly would be worried about anyone who comes here because of hatred associated with where they are coming from. The people most likely to hate you would be people who themselves came here through hatred.

Instead, find out what CDA might offer your family and whether you can embrace living here.

S.

Old 06-24-2015, 06:57 PM

335 posts, read 377,389 times
so now with the water shortage , california is talking about sending recycled toilet water to homeowners as drinking water. I am glad I only have less than 7 days left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho