Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 01:38 PM

446 posts, read 710,309 times

Advertisements

1) gun with cartridge in the chamber
2) gun with safety off
3) gun in purse (HOLSTERS ONLY, LADIES)
4) gun unattended
5) gun next to child
6) gun at the grocery store in Hayden? Really? Hayden, that hot bed of crime?

How many mistakes had to be made here for this terrible event to happen?

Too many. Way too many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 04:21 PM

7 posts, read 9,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS35a View Post
2) gun with safety off
4) gun unattended
5) gun next to child

Too many. Way too many.
#4 was really the only mistake here.

Old 02-05-2015, 05:31 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,257,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS35a View Post
1) gun with cartridge in the chamber Only way to carry, only way I have ever carried
2) gun with safety off NOT ALL GUNS COME WITH SAFTIES
3) gun in purse (HOLSTERS ONLY, LADIES) CAN'T SAY, NEVER CARRIED A PURSE BUT THE PURSE WAS SUPPOSEDLY DESIGNED FOR A GUN
4) gun unattended YES UNATTENDED GUN PLUS KID, EQUALS BIG PROBLEM
5) gun next to child YES GUN PLUS KID EQUALS PROBLEM
6) gun at the grocery store in Hayden? Really? Hayden, that hot bed of crime? NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT....CAN YOU OR ANYONE ELSE GUARANTEE THAT NOTHING WILL EVER HAPPEN? TELL THAT TO PEOPLE WHO WENT TO MALLS AND A SHOOTER APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE. ONE THING I HAVE LEARNED IS YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE

Too many. Way too many.
If she had any training, which I read she did, I see only three mistakes, then, I'm not anti-gun...

I bet there were people in these locations who would have wondered why anyone would want a gun since these places were so SAFE....

December 11, 2012- Two people were killed and one wounded at the Clackamas Town Center. Shooter Jacob Roberts, 22, took his own life during the mall shooting.

October 21, 2012 - Radcliffe Haughton, 45, killed three people and wounded four at a spa in the Brookfield Square Mall complex in Wisconsin.

November 12, 2011 - James Coleman, 22, killed two people at the Arundel Mills Mall in Hanover, Maryland. Coleman was later shot and killed by police officers at his home. The mall shooter also wounded a police officer.

November 26, 2008 - Barry Lee Saunders Jr., 21, killed one person at the Westfield Southcenter Mall in Tukwila, Washington. Saunders was captured in Portland four days later.

December 5, 2007 - Robert Hawkins, 19, killed eight people before taking his own life at the Westroads Mall. Five more shoppers at the Omaha mall were wounded during the mass shooting.

April 29, 2007 - David Logsdon, 51, killed two shoppers and wounded a law enforcement officer before being shot and killed by the police at the Ward Parkway Center in Kansas City, Missouri.

February 12, 2007 - Five people were murdered and four killed at the Trolley Square Mall in Salt Lake City. Sulejman Talovic, 18, was ultimately shot and killed by police officers.

November 20, 2005 - Dominick Maldonado, 20, wounded seven people at the Tacoma Mall. Maldonado also took four hostages at the Washington shopping center before he later surrendered.

And let's not forget one of the most famous, that quiet day when people were eating in the Luby's restaurant in Killeen TX, when a nut case ran his truck through the front of the building, got out and shot 43 people, and killed 23. One person stated afterward that she had a gun in the car, but to keep legal, she left it there, besides it was a quiet day, and has stated that she can not say she could have stopped the guy if she had a gun, but she proved she could not stop him without a gun. And she saw both her parents get killed. Her name was Suzanna Gratia Hupp.

So no one can ever tell me that a nut case with a gun cannot popup anywhere. And the best gun in the world is the one you have when you need it.

And I carry my handgun everywhere; I walk the dog in the neighborhood with it, if I was a church goer, I would take it to church (there have been church shootings in the USA too, New Destiny Christian in Aurora CO 2012, and 2012 Wisconsin Sikh Temple....and there are more...

Will I ever need that gun I carry? I sure as hell hope not, I have used them enough in my life, don't want to use one again....but you never know....

Last edited by f5fstop; 02-05-2015 at 06:22 PM..

Old 02-05-2015, 10:02 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,280,067 times
Numbers from LS35a post with my responses after;

There are consequences to each and every decision on carrying a gun. If you are going to bother having it then it better be loaded and as ready as possible. Anything else wastes your time in deploying when needed.

2) gun with safety off

I have yet to see an answer if this particular M&P Shield has a safety. If it does we may never know what position it was in.

Again with the consequences. Off-body carry is a whole new discipline.

4) gun unattended

Ultimately this is THE problem. In a pure robotic world this would never happen. I think this was too new to her and other and older automatic responses took over. I think she just put the purse in the cart like she had done countless times before. It reminds me of an intersection that I used to go through several times per day for 5 years. One day it had a red light erected. I simply stopped at the intersection like I always did and moments later looked up to notice a bright green signal. Had someone been behind me it could have been ... CRASH.

5) gun next to child

Came from 4)

At this point, I don't think there is such a thing as totally safe anymore. As far as Hayden in particular, there have been several recent attacks on women in parking lots in the general area. After seeing her picture, she was the poster child target for scumbags. Also, the number one thing about having a gun (CCW) is to have it on you.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:36 AM

88 posts, read 154,116 times
What Fstop said !! Agree 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho