Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 12:37 PM

291 posts, read 438,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Great idea. Get a auto recorder that turns on with noise and off when quiet.
And record the other dogs in the neighborhood, so if it's not your pup, you can prove it's the other dogs around doing the barking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 06:55 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Para View Post
And record the other dogs in the neighborhood, so if it's not your pup, you can prove it's the other dogs around doing the barking.
Interesting idea, but that could be rough to prove. I guess if you used a computer type recorder(s) you would have date/time stamps, but with a normal recorder you don't have time stamps. So if you put some recorders outside, you would have to prove that the barking picked up is from other dogs and not the OP's dog.

I guess if the barking is consistent everyday, take the dog to a kennel, and ask the complainant if the barking happened that day and if yes, produce a receipt for the kennel.

Old 08-02-2014, 08:24 AM

291 posts, read 438,709 times
Quote:
Interesting idea, but that could be rough to prove. I guess if you used a computer type recorder(s) you would have date/time stamps, but with a normal recorder you don't have time stamps. So if you put some recorders outside, you would have to prove that the barking picked up is from other dogs and not the OP's dog.

I guess if the barking is consistent everyday, take the dog to a kennel, and ask the complainant if the barking happened that day and if yes, produce a receipt for the kennel.
It might be difficult but I'd set up the recorder, take my dog in the back yard (or wherever it stays all day) and have it bark. Then when other dogs in the neighborhood bark on the recording they'd sound different and a bit further off. I have a lot of dogs in my neighborhood and can pretty much tell which one of them is barking by their unique "voice" as much as any direction the barking is coming from (inside the house I can't really tell the direction anyway).

Old 08-02-2014, 08:33 AM

8 posts, read 13,958 times
Another alternative would be to kennel train your dog. I had dogs my whole life and never kennel trained a single one until I found my little mis breed would have terrible barking fits while I was at work. Ever since I trained him to be in the kennel while I'm gone though he seems much more relaxed, doesn't bark while I'm away, he seems to feel safer really. Plus it helps with a ton of other behavior issues. If you are truly worried about ylthe laws there I would simply call the local animal shelter and ask them, they would be the experts. Your neighbor seems pretty ride, I would tell them to not harass me. If you take steps to calm your dog then you really need not worry about some cranky person who doesn't like dogs talking. I've never heard of someone getting evicted over something like that. The most I've heard are renters being forced to remove a viscous animal that they didn't keep on their own property.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:59 PM

186 posts, read 240,298 times
I think a huge part of being a good neighbor entails being a considerate neighbor. Conversely, that means proactively taking the necessary steps to ensure that those living around you aren't bothered by noise - of any kind - coming from your residence. Incessantly barking dogs frequently get poisoned by frustrated neighbors and the yappers die excruciatingly painful and agonizing deaths. Either that or they get shot or deliberately run over by their neighbor's car. If that's not enough, the inconsiderate owners sometimes get the living daylights beaten out of them for their lack of discretion. These situations often escalate quickly. Smart dog owners don't put themselves in such a position to begin with. That's just some of what I saw during my nine fun-filled years as a patrol officer in a large metropolitan area...

Old 08-06-2014, 07:04 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnw2016 View Post
the inconsiderate owners sometimes get the living daylights beaten out of them for their lack of discretion.
And those beaters can sometimes end up on the wrong end of the a$$ beating.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:14 PM

186 posts, read 240,298 times
Quote:
And those beaters can sometimes end up on the wrong end of the a$$ beating.
Of course, they can. But, usually (when it comes to that), it's the dog owners just get thrashed for being such selfish, rotten and inconsiderate neighbors. But, as I said earlier, the problem is much more frequently solved by the assassination of the noisy dog. Funny, how the police rarely seem to find any witnesses in these cases...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
View detailed profiles of: