Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,164 times

Advertisements

I have had numerous horrific visits at BGH, my husband, my kid and myself. They are rude, they treat everyone that walks in the door like you are a drug addict looking for drugs. I most recently had a horrific accident at work and fell 15 feet onto concrete, was unconscious for 15 minutes and the doctor in the ER yelled at me for him having to run all the tests he had to, to clear my neck and spinal cord ect. I have never in my life been treated so horribly, I wish that the decision had gone through to life flight me to CDA. Its sad when people in this community that I have talked to live a block away from the ER entrance and instead will drive 30 minutes to CDA to be treated. There are a couple of good docs that work there though, like William Wheeler Dr. Samuel (don't know his last name). The others treat you like crap and the nurses most of them are even worse! My kid would rather sit at home and suffer and wait to see her own doctor then go in there. Horrible service and the bedside manner is non-existent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2014, 11:19 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,747,546 times
Other than a phlebotomist who was spouting politics at my husband a few months ago, everyone at BGH whom I've encountered over the past almost 13 years has been incredibly friendly and polite. Exceedingly so. And in comparison with a big city hospital...well, there's no comparison as far as I'm concerned.
I'm sorry about your accident though...sounds awful.

Old 07-29-2014, 11:41 AM

332 posts, read 483,156 times
For those less local, BGH stands for..?

Old 07-29-2014, 12:29 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,013,254 times
Bonner General Hospital (in Sandpoint)

Old 07-29-2014, 12:30 PM

820 posts, read 1,740,155 times
registered just to complain about BGH?

Old 07-29-2014, 01:05 PM

332 posts, read 483,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
Bonner General Hospital (in Sandpoint)
I was pretty sure that's what was meant in the OP, but I wanted to make sure. A lot of us understand some of the acronyms (CDA), but for newcomers it can be confusing.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:20 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,013,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiden_is View Post
I was pretty sure that's what was meant in the OP, but I wanted to make sure. A lot of us understand some of the acronyms (CDA), but for newcomers it can be confusing.
No worries.

I've read some complaints about BGH from time to time, but I've also read many comments like Misty's from people who have by and large been happy with the service they've experienced there.

I have to say I wonder about the OP's comments a little. Driving at approximately the speed limit, the drive from "a block away from BGH" to Kootenai Medical Center is much closer to an hour than it is to 30 minutes.

Dave

Old 07-29-2014, 04:15 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,747,546 times
Oops....it was a politics spouting EKG tech, not phlebotomist

Old 07-29-2014, 06:28 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,841,788 times
I was at BGH several months back for kidney stones, and had really great care, from the front desk to the nurses to the doc.

We recently took my daughter there for a possible broken ankle, and they were also excellent.

So while the OP may have registered to complain about BGH, I think this thread has some merit, in that it expresses both positive and negative experiences with our local hospital. I was VERY happy not to have to travel an hour to KMC (Kootenai Medical Center) in CDA when I could barely tolerate the car drive to BGH.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:49 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,443,857 times
Default Thanks

Thanks Sage.

I was off when this earlier thread started, but I remembered it very well. This will allow readers more information.

Sometimes, some people do have bad experiences at hospitals. However, I think there can be many reasons ranging from some who get confused between a hospital and hotel to knowing what smaller hospitals don't have for equipment and staff, but try to get needed care at a smaller hospital anyway.

Whatever the reason (s) one uses the hospital s/he does, I'm a stronger believer in having a good relationship with a primary care physician or provider (PCP). The PCP can talk with you about which hospital is appropriate for you and your family members, given ongoing medical problems.

Bigger is not always better. If the right staff isn't involved, you won't get the care needed at a 1,000 bed hospital. Work with your PCP to get the care you need.

MSR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho