Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 06:12 PM

318 posts, read 437,789 times

Advertisements

Maybe but then those ignorants get blamed for raising property taxes.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:14 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,689,614 times
I totally agree that is plenty of arrogant attitude in California but not everyone hit it big in tech or look at Americans as being stupid. I have learned to quickly distance myself from those who don't even want to speak to another unless there are big bucks involved. Sadly, you have to look long and hard to find some of those with the mid-west ethic I grew up with but there are a few of us left. The reason many want to leave is because of the arrogance and money driven social scheme here. When someone asks me about my culture or is curious about how I do something is not offensive to me but shows interest.

For me, I'm just looking for my final home where all my faults will be accepted with hurmor, not distain.

Old 11-08-2014, 02:01 AM

29,225 posts, read 22,442,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
I totally agree that is plenty of arrogant attitude in California but not everyone hit it big in tech or look at Americans as being stupid. I have learned to quickly distance myself from those who don't even want to speak to another unless there are big bucks involved. Sadly, you have to look long and hard to find some of those with the mid-west ethic I grew up with but there are a few of us left. The reason many want to leave is because of the arrogance and money driven social scheme here. When someone asks me about my culture or is curious about how I do something is not offensive to me but shows interest.

For me, I'm just looking for my final home where all my faults will be accepted with hurmor, not distain.
People have a tendency to over-generalize others.

Idaho is a much smaller state in size and very much smaller in population than California. That makes the chances of running into both the stupid and the wise greater than in our neighbors Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Montana, and British Columbia, our international neighbor to the north. We are smaller than all of them in size, and our population is smaller than in any but Montana. The most stupid and the most wise are always at the far ends of the spectrum.

The truth is- some folks are able to fit in easily wherever they live, and other's are not, so much. Encountering over-generalization is part of any move; Montanans and North Dakotans have a long running joke about this, with both states claiming to the best, when there is absolutely no difference between them but a line on the map.

Your ethic still exists. It's everywhere. The only difference is the amount of your ethic in a particular community. I expect you will find more of it here, but that's only mostly my pride in my home state speaking.
Life in idaho is as far from perfect as life in any other place is. There is always something gratifying and horrifying here equally, just as it is anywhere else.
I'm perfectly content, but whether you will be the same is something I can't say with surety will come if you move here… that one is up to you alone.

Last edited by banjomike; 11-08-2014 at 02:10 AM..

Old 11-26-2014, 01:40 PM

21 posts, read 37,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Idaho is a much smaller state in size and very much smaller in population than California. That makes the chances of running into both the stupid and the wise greater than in our neighbors Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Montana, and British Columbia, our international neighbor to the north. We are smaller than all of them in size, and our population is smaller than in any but Montana. The most stupid and the most wise are always at the far ends of the spectrum.
You left out Wyoming as a neighbor.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:00 PM

6,361 posts, read 7,801,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfynn View Post
You left out Wyoming as a neighbor.
And Wyoming is the state of the union with the least population. Surely you know that, BM.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
And Wyoming is the state of the union with the least population. Surely you know that, BM.
Yup. My bad.

Old 11-26-2014, 11:08 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,854,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
Bite your tongue! Banjomike knows EVERYTHING. Any lunkhead knows that! (OK...ALMOST everything)

Old 11-26-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
Bite your tongue! Banjomike knows EVERYTHING. Any lunkhead knows that! (OK...ALMOST everything)
Yeah… just ask me, and I'll give you the answer. In excruciating detail, with most of it having nothing to do with the question. it runs in my family. Be thankful my brother isn't here.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:31 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,765,920 times
Quote:

Old 11-27-2014, 09:54 PM

356 posts, read 521,922 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho