Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 05:31 PM

54 posts, read 121,481 times

Advertisements

The wife and myself will be moving to Clark Fork, in october, we visited in may of this year, fell in love with it. I'm not expecting to be accepted immediately, nor is my wife, we know, that we have to show the people of Clark Fork, that we didnt move here to change things. But, to accept the way of life as it is in NID. The few people we did meet were absolutely wonderful. Looking forward to those snowy winters, for the moment anyway

Old 09-12-2014, 12:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,399 times
A good amount of the rest of my family lives in Riverside, CA. So I don't hate Californians. My irritation is with how some people drive and behave. It's not just Californians I'm sure.

When I took driver's education in I.F. to get my license at 16, simple rules were taught. 1: Use your turn signal, 2: You should be able to see the tires of the vehicle in front of you at a stop light. Stop tailgating! 3: Follow the speed limit. This isn't L.A., Seattle, or Salt Lake City.

Idaho Falls seems crowded anymore, people seem more inconsiderate, and everyone seems to be in a hurry. If you move here, and you don't act self entitled to something, or if you do act considerate and courteous, I would welcome you to Idaho. Probably start a 15 minute conversation with you. I know not all of you Californians act like the stereotyped L.A. Californian. Thank you for bringing caring kindness with you from California, and I do apologize for any self centered turd in Idaho that treats you wrong.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:15 AM

6,422 posts, read 7,678,940 times
For many of the reasons stated above, I also would like to leave California as it isn't the warm welcoming place I moved to years ago. The behavior the OP describes is typical of so many in the Bay Area. At least some of us recognize there is a problem which we are not able to fix so it is better to just move on to where we can actually relate to the local citizens. When I moved to CA years ago I stopped by the DMV to pick up one of their informative books so when I went to actually change my DMV I was prepared. But, that is the way I typically do things in my life as I have learned that if you don't you only make it harder on yourself.

As Dr. Phil says: we teach people how to treat us. I also know that if you put a stick in someone's eye you will get a reaction. So, I have to wonder what is the other half of the story.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:17 PM

227 posts, read 382,718 times
I just moved to NID over the summer after living with n Texas and Colorado most of my life. We absolutely love it here and never plan on leaving. All I can say to Kalifornians is if you must come live in NID, please DO NOT bring Kalifornia with you. Thank you!

I think that is what happened in CO frankly!

Old 09-12-2014, 06:27 PM

291 posts, read 438,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam View Post
I agree.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:27 PM

7,386 posts, read 12,689,597 times
Quote:
I just moved to NID over the summer after living with n Texas and Colorado most of my life. We absolutely love it here and never plan on leaving. All I can say to Kalifornians is if you must come live in NID, please DO NOT bring Kalifornia with you. Thank you!

Sam, about one third of the wonderful Idahoans you're going to meet in NID will probably turn out to be ex-Californians. That's our experience.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:12 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,846,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Sam, about one third of the wonderful Idahoans you're going to meet in NID will probably turn out to be ex-Californians. That's our experience.
And 1/3 is guessing low in SP and CDA...

Old 09-13-2014, 08:01 AM

Hopefully, they came to assimilate and left California to rot where it is. Notice I spoke no I'll will against the people themselves. I bought 15 acres and think that is enough for me.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:23 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,868,943 times
Quote:

Isn't that the truth?? Used to think about living there but NOT anymore!!!

Old 09-13-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Isn't that the truth?? Used to think about living there but NOT anymore!!!
In the short three years I lived in the mountains west of Denver, I watched my gun rights erode, had idiot ex-Californian neighbors almost burn down the forest and our home, let their dogs wander onto our property and attack our dog, hold dirt bike racing every nice summer day and more. Also, I got banned from the local forums called Pinecam by the liberal ex-Cali admins for calling out idiots. Strangely, their forum glee-club buddies could get away with anything on there.

Unfortunately, I had to leave some of my good, decent friends behind in that CA Part II. Sure as hell hope that doesn't happen in NID in my lifetime!

If not for the accommodation-minded Kalifornia transplants, CO would still be A-OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho