Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 11:40 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,566,004 times

Advertisements

Don't sleep on these two areas, they're the next to shine in Houston's real estate market because of their proximity to central Houston via 45. Northside Village was the first to transition because it's less than 15 minutes to downtown Houston via 45; Northside-Northline has a little more work to do, but I think it'll get there eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 09:39 PM

5,612 posts, read 4,933,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
Don't sleep on these two areas, they're the next to shine in Houston's real estate market because of their proximity to central Houston via 45. Northside Village was the first to transition because it's less than 15 minutes to downtown Houston via 45; Northside-Northline has a little more work to do, but I think it'll get there eventually.
I did some work in the Northside Village area a couple years ago and was surprised at how much gentrification was underway in residential housing. New townhomes were even going up on the Hardy / Elysian side of the area. Commercial development has yet to reflect that level of changes, but will get going eventually (WOMH may help that).

Old 01-14-2021, 06:20 AM

3 posts, read 3,829 times
We bought in Lindale Park, part of the Northside Village in October. We’re pretty happy with our decision and think this area can only go up from here. Great Mexican food in the area and some trendy new options. With the completion of the Elysian viaduct, you’re looking at <10 min from downtown. Retail along Fulton and Irvington should catch up eventually. Schools are not there yet, so probably looking to do magnet or go private for our kids.

Old 01-14-2021, 10:40 AM

288 posts, read 433,638 times
At this point in the game, anything on the west side, inside the beltway will be changing in the next 10 to 15 years. Independence Heights, Acres Homes, Northline, Sharpstown. Throw a dart on a map if you want.

Old 01-15-2021, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vherre1 View Post
We bought in Lindale Park, part of the Northside Village in October. We’re pretty happy with our decision and think this area can only go up from here. Great Mexican food in the area and some trendy new options. With the completion of the Elysian viaduct, you’re looking at <10 min from downtown. Retail along Fulton and Irvington should catch up eventually. Schools are not there yet, so probably looking to do magnet or go private for our kids.
The schools have to catch up, which they will eventually. It doesn't make sense for an area to transition and the schools remain horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
At this point in the game, anything on the west side, inside the beltway will be changing in the next 10 to 15 years. Independence Heights, Acres Homes, Northline, Sharpstown. Throw a dart on a map if you want.
Acres Homes (my old hood) has a while to go before it reaches full gentrification status. At best, it's transitioning with new housing being built in the area.

Old 01-15-2021, 09:16 AM

2,188 posts, read 3,215,538 times
Schools rarely catch up unless the private schooling gets too expensive and folks got to chose between city living and schooling. If they do, normally it’s just the elementary that changes. After that it’s a crap shoot

Old 01-15-2021, 09:24 AM

6,470 posts, read 4,067,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
Schools rarely catch up unless the private schooling gets too expensive and folks got to chose between city living and schooling. If they do, normally it’s just the elementary that changes. After that it’s a crap shoot
I think schools will eventually catch up, the truth is you just need back to back to back gentrification. No where in Houston has gentrified that much so schools in the city have never actually had the chance to catch up. The issue is gentrified normally have smaller household sizes and far less kids than the people they replace so 10,000 gentrified might contribute 200 high school kids while the 5,000 residents in the i gentrified part of the neighborhood is contributing 500 high school kids.

Old 01-15-2021, 12:31 PM

1,237 posts, read 2,018,139 times
I never really expected to see the day Acres Homes would gentrify, but there's new houses going up around there that are pretty pricey. I'm surprised, to be honest.

Old 01-15-2021, 03:29 PM

332 posts, read 260,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed Engineer View Post
I never really expected to see the day Acres Homes would gentrify, but there's new houses going up around there that are pretty pricey. I'm surprised, to be honest.
Agreed. Acres Homes also benefits from having relatively large lot sizes for its location in the city. It's an intriguing RE investment opportunity if you have enough time for growth/maturity as the neighborhood continues to transition.

Old 01-15-2021, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failed Engineer View Post
Acres Homes won’t gentrify too much because the longtime residents aren’t going for that. Garden City (Homes, not the projects), Heather Glen and Willow Run are the hotspots for those pricey homes. The heart of Acres Homes will probably be the last to transition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdrawndagger View Post
Agreed. Acres Homes also benefits from having relatively large lot sizes for its location in the city. It's an intriguing RE investment opportunity if you have enough time for growth/maturity as the neighborhood continues to transition.
It’ll be a sight to see for my stomping ground. Acres Homes definitely doesn’t look the same as when I was coming up there. It’s nostalgic for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston