Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2008, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,623 times

Advertisements

Hi.

We are planning to build a new house in North/NW Houston (max $425K) and were wondering about the pros-cons of the three areas. My wife works in Greenspoint, while I travel every week (no kids yet, but ISD is important!). Another criteria was trees - Hence, the choice of location! We love the Woodlands, but I begin to wonder if the premium is worth it.
How's Lakes of Cypress Forest (On Cypresswood, close to I-45)? You definitely get a lot more in terms of sqft compared to the Woodlands.
While I have read similar posts, any thoughts on Creekside Park in The Woodlands and Summerwood would be greatly appreciated!
Thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 04:49 PM

799 posts, read 3,693,017 times
Creekside Park is going to be wonderful! I am working that area and they are going to have everything. They have 3 new schools going in (Tomball ISD), YMCA, an outdoor theatre, nature preserves, a 13 acre aquatic center with a pool, lazy river, beach entry, playground, canoe ramp etc. It has 72 acre lake. In a word, awesome! It is The Woodlands last community but will be zones to Tomball and it is located within Harris County. There will be 13 neighborhoods from all different types of builders. There will be 6 places of worship and like the rest of The Woodlands, a village center, with a grocery store,banks, restaraunts, gift shops, dry-cleaning etc.
I would definitely consider it because as it gets built out the prices will increase. I love it and may end up there myself!

Old 04-17-2008, 08:41 AM

1,148 posts, read 3,556,691 times
I can only comment on Summerwood and surrounding areas. It is so beautiful and wooded there. The schools are great, the commute to Greenspoint and IAH are easy. Check out Fall Creek and Lakeshore as well. Both have lot of homes in your price range. Go to HAR dot com and plug in a few of these Fall Creek MLS numbers: 2775184, 8719942, 9806717(this one has an amazing summer kitchen). 6182283 (lakeshore).

We love The Woodlands and go there often, but the commute was not worth it to us when choosing our home.

Good Luck! ~K~

Old 07-16-2008, 07:32 PM

29 posts, read 88,291 times
We're in a similar boat, and chose to build in Creekside Park. Hubby works in Greenspoint and I am still trying to find a job in The Woodlands (relocating from DFW). His commute from Gosling at Woodlands Parkway (where we are renting) is 30-45 minutes at 7-7:30am, and we cannot wait to move into Creekside. Not all lots have trees, so be careful which neighborhood you buy into.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:04 AM

1,336 posts, read 6,444,743 times
Cypress is great, especially the areas around Longwood, Coles Crossing, Lakewood, Rock Creek, and the newer areas on Fry Rd near Bridgelands, Blackhorse and Cypress Creek Ranch.

Here are my Cypress pics.

Flickr: longwood_cypress' Photostream

Old 07-17-2008, 10:25 AM

10 posts, read 39,137 times
Have you considered Kingwood? From Greenspoint it would be 19 miles.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:21 PM

54 posts, read 182,768 times
like the other poster i could only speak for summerwood..since living here i been very very happy...we have a good education system..a future middle school teamed up with a ymca...a recognized elementary on the main street of the subdivison...a new high school being built right near the our entrance.a daycacre...and out very own fire station..summerwood just gives us a good feeling when we enter the community....we also have miles of trails connected to shops and a gas station..and you can just walk to the miky d's to shed the calories when u finish...lol..but all and all its good.o and you can try these other communites such ass park lakes, eagle springs, lakeshore, water edge on lake houston wich is a gated community, and fall creek

Old 07-08-2012, 09:10 AM

17 posts, read 21,380 times
We've recently relo'd from Upstate NY and are building in Creekside Park and we are so excited. The area is beautiful as others have mentioned and its less than 5miles to TW mall and market street. The shopping centers in the other villages are very close as well. The new Trader Joe's has opened on on Kdahl and that is a really neat store with good prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston