Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 06:54 PM

4 posts, read 34,403 times

Advertisements

We will be relocating to Houston in a few months and will probably be in The Woodland/Spring area. I've been checking out houses on-line and I'm curious about the new area of The Woodlands called Creekside Park. The houses look great, but the tax rate seems high for Houston (4.1). This is because you pay taxes for Montgomery and the kids go to Tomball schools. I haven't been able to get much information on this school district other than their own site. Can anyone give me any feedback on this area and how the schools are? (we're looking at middle and high schools) There seem to be quite a few houses for sale there and I'm wondering if there are problems we need to be aware of. Does anyone out there live in Creekside? Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 09:04 AM

212 posts, read 1,273,059 times
I do not know about Creekside...but Tomball ISD is a fine school district. TISD just passed a bond, and its a growing district, many people choose Tomball for their children's education.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:31 PM

30 posts, read 93,131 times
From what I understand, Creekside is new. I may be wrong, but I think the schools your children will be going to are not as close as you may want. From what I have heard, TISD is planning on building, but check out when those schools will open. You may have more of a bus route than desirable. Good luck!

Old 12-04-2007, 07:00 AM

799 posts, read 3,692,818 times
I don't know creekside, but I agree that Tomball is a good schoold district.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:19 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,596,005 times
That is a very nice area and not to mention the #1 Mater-Planned community in Texas. Taxes are high since you will be nestled in the heart of the Woodlands, TX. Home builders range from Darling Homes, Wilshire Homes, David Powers Homes, Highland Homes, Plantation Homes, David Weekly Homes, Village Builders, Chesmar Homes, Trendmaker Homes recommendations are in order as listed.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:24 PM

1,461 posts, read 5,596,005 times
Here is a link to the Tomball School District website.Hope this helps.
Tomball Independent School District

Last edited by da jammer; 12-05-2007 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: fixed link

Old 12-05-2007, 07:48 AM

407 posts, read 1,735,853 times
I live in the extreme southern end of Tomball ISD and was active in the bond design and passage. The district has plans to build 2 elementary schools to serve the Woodlands area of TISD. Unlike the rest of the district, those elementary schools will be K-6th grade then the students will attend Tomball Jr High (7th-8th) and Tomball High (9th-12th). In the future, when the attendance is large enough, the area will get an intermediate school (5th-6th) like the rest of the district.

The bond also included money for a 2nd high school. That school will be build in the southern end of the district. It will reduce the overcrowding at THS. The high school is in the design phase and will open in about 5 years.

I've been very happy with the quality of education my kids have received in Tomball. My biggest concern at the high school is the overcrowding but that issue is being addressed. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I wanted to add that the reason so many houses are available in Creekside is because that area is BRAND NEW! I'm assuming you're seeing all the new construction.

Last edited by citizen_jane; 12-05-2007 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: additonal info

Old 12-13-2007, 10:00 AM

130 posts, read 455,543 times
I am about to publish an article on this subject in my blog. There will probably be more than one article. Keep an eye out and contact me if you wish.
www.woodlandscommentary.com

Old 12-13-2007, 10:36 AM

142 posts, read 999,265 times
I, too am relocating to Houston and have looked in Creekside. I researched the schools on greatschools.net and found that Tomball Elementary (which my child would be attending) is only rated a 3 out of 10!!! All other schools in the Woodlands are 9 or 10's. That is based on test scores. For that reason and because the schools are so far away, I will not buy there. You are paying Woodlands prices and not getting Woodlands quality schools. From what I remember though, the middle schools were rated much higher so for you, that may not be a problem.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 8,366 times
Default Woodlands

Hi
I have a condo I rent in The Woodlands for short term rentals that is fully furnished. Let me know if you are interested.
Sue
suesimpson11@aol.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston