Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2024, 01:38 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,086,413 times

Advertisements

Yeah - Lots of judgments about how other people want to live and entertain themselves. Really?

TV is not just TV - or movies - any more. We use the TV to monitor the news while we're working and eating and puttering around the house, we use it to play our Spotify music lists. We listen to podcasts and watch youtube videos on it. Sometimes we let it run a slide show of our photographs. Whatever we want! Do what you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2024, 01:47 PM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times
It's not a problem if you'll get use out of it. I personally don't have cable and only use my tv to stream. Depending on the situation, and the food, I either eat on the sofa while streaming something or eat at my dining table where there's no tv in sight. I can also just have my laptop on the dining table to stream something although I've never actually done that.

Old 02-21-2024, 02:48 PM

8,409 posts, read 7,404,476 times
Just my opinion, but it seems that this thread isn't so much about putting a TV in a dining room as it is about spending bonus points earned from work on one of a few items available a list of products. My hunch is most of the items on said list have no appeal to the OP, and that the OP is just looking for a little affirmation for picking a TV over something else.

If it were primarily about putting a second TV in the dining/kitchen area, then either a tablet or one of those Samsung Frame TVs would be the best fit.

Kind of reminds me of another thread, where a person was also looking to spend bonus points earned from work and was trying to talk themselves into purchasing an LP record stand to use as a TV stand.

Old 02-21-2024, 03:26 PM

256 posts, read 114,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
......if you want a TV, get one and ignore the haters here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Yeah - Lots of judgments about how other people want to live and entertain themselves.
LOL!!! There are no haters here. We were asked : What are your thoughts on having dining room TV in a studio apartment?

Everyone’s lifestyle is as unique as a fingerprint. Our choices, routines, and preferences shape the way we experience life. Many people find solace in quiet moments, savoring the simple pleasures of everyday existence.

Old 02-21-2024, 03:35 PM

25,558 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
I certainly can live without it for 15 mins, but like I said, it would be nice. That's all. TVs today are so dirt cheap, so I figured, what the heck!
Sure. The way things are now with everything being wireless you could have the TV when you want it and make it disappear when you don't.
I just bought a nice Roku for 130$. Put it in my shop.

Old 02-22-2024, 07:38 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,943,092 times
I failed to notice who the original poster was, LOL. As much as you advocate "staying home and streaming Netflix to avoid Covid," by all means make your viewing as comfortable as possible...

Old 02-22-2024, 07:58 AM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Yeah - Lots of judgments about how other people want to live and entertain themselves. Really?
Yes, really!
The OP literally asks…

What are your thoughts on having dining room TV… ?

Why be criticizing those who offered their thoughts, as asked for?

Old 02-26-2024, 02:41 PM

175 posts, read 97,810 times
If you're going to use it and enjoy it, why not?

FWIW, I have a small TV in my kitchen that's on while I'm cooking. And I'll be getting another for my treadmill.

If I were getting a free TV, like you are, I’d take it.

Old 02-26-2024, 10:16 PM

3,485 posts, read 1,405,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTzen View Post
If you're going to use it and enjoy it, why not?

FWIW, I have a small TV in my kitchen that's on while I'm cooking. And I'll be getting another for my treadmill.

If I were getting a free TV, like you are, I’d take it.
Yes that’s another reason why I want a dining room TV… for exercising. I want to start exercising to some workout videos. My living room has a couch and coffee table and runs a little narrow. So I would have to keep moving things around every time I workout to make enough space to exercise. But my dining room area has a large open area, which is large enough to move around and exercise. So if I had a TV in the dining room area, it would much easier to conveniently exercise & see the TV without having to move stuff around in the living room.

Old 02-26-2024, 10:43 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times
Hey when my wife and I got married, our second year we lived in small efficiency inside a huge house for free in exchange for watching their kids. 2 years we lasted, lol.

But our living room and dining area was also our bedroom so 1 T.V. was it!! If another tv works for you go for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating