Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 05:40 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,214,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
And I hope part two of the act allows hospitals and providers to refuse treatment for those that don't have insurance.

You do realize that there is no such thing as an ACA insurance plan, right?

It's not illegal if it's a law that has been upheld by the Supreme Court, but you knew that, right?

Do you have insurance now--or I should say, did you have insurance in 2013??
Nope and don't plan to either. I don't go to hospitals, and I have my own well stocked first aid bag so I can take care of myself quite well.
All the ACA supporters can kiss mine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modhatter View Post
OK, then that's a promise.
Well, just to be on the safe side. How about you sign a "Pledge" that you will never get in a serious accident, get cancer, a stroke or any other serious illness any time in your life, and you further acknowledge that you have at least $400,000 put aside for these unexpected life emergencies to pay for your treatment when you do. Then I say - feel free to not pay for your health insurance. And while your at it, if by chance you're short on cash when the time comes, go ahead and sign the Do Not Resuscitate form now please, and just to be on the safe side, please notify all the hospitals in your area not to treat you when you arrive at their front doors unless you have cash on hand.
You can support that crap all you wish, count me out. I have contingencies that don't include the insurance mafia!

Old 02-02-2014, 06:16 PM

20,793 posts, read 61,323,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Nope and don't plan to either. I don't go to hospitals, and I have my own well stocked first aid bag so I can take care of myself quite well.
All the ACA supporters can kiss mine!
Good luck with that plan...

Old 02-02-2014, 06:17 PM

1,062 posts, read 2,253,084 times
Quote:
You can support that crap all you wish, count me out. I have contingencies that don't include the insurance mafia!
Ok, I get your point and I too feel that if enough people opt out of the system it will have to be revamped. However, what would you do if you are unexpectedly hospitalized, and how would you handle the expense?

I am not knocking your beliefs or opinions as you make good points, but what do you? File for bankruptcy? Not pay? Just curuious

Old 02-02-2014, 06:26 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Quote:
And what might those be, pray tell??? Or, are you prepared to end it all when you run out of money?

Old 02-04-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Ok, I get your point and I too feel that if enough people opt out of the system it will have to be revamped. However, what would you do if you are unexpectedly hospitalized, and how would you handle the expense?

I am not knocking your beliefs or opinions as you make good points, but what do you? File for bankruptcy? Not pay? Just curuious
IF I were to become severely injured, then that's my own consequences then, and I'd deal with it.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
And what might those be, pray tell??? Or, are you prepared to end it all when you run out of money?
I don't have any answers that will help you, only me. You'll have to do that homework on your own, like I did.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:42 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Quote:
I don't have any answers that will help you, only me. You'll have to do that homework on your own, like I did.
Thank you for being so unresponsive. Clearly, you have no plan.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:19 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
I must say that I am in agreement with midwest. I don't go to doctors either, when I had insurance or when I didn't. I haven't worked in 2 years but my husband does. In order for him to cover me under his employer's plan it would be $800 a month which is crazy and a waste of money. If I didn't turn 65 last November, I would have just paid the silly fine. $95 is better than $800 a month for something you don't use. No, not even FREE Wellness tests. I really hate that. I was in "non-compliance" at my last job for refusing to take their Wellness "crap" testing.

I would only have signed up for free Medicare Part A, but my husband insisted on me getting Part B ($104/month). I put my foot down on all the other "plans" and insurance companies. No way.

Yes, people, there are those of us who don't go running to doctors, or hospitals, even when it's free. "If you have an accident, etc," having insurance doesn't mean you will go anywhere. Been there, done that, WITH insurance. You would be amazed how your body can heal itself given the chance, especially with knowing First Aid (as was said). Yes, I performed it on myself when I hit my head on a tree and blood was pouring down my face. No, hospital emergency room. No, thank you. BTW, at 65, yes, a DNR is a very GOOD idea.

Old saying: You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:45 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I must say that I am in agreement with midwest. I don't go to doctors either, when I had insurance or when I didn't. I haven't worked in 2 years but my husband does. In order for him to cover me under his employer's plan it would be $800 a month which is crazy and a waste of money. If I didn't turn 65 last November, I would have just paid the silly fine. $95 is better than $800 a month for something you don't use. No, not even FREE Wellness tests. I really hate that. I was in "non-compliance" at my last job for refusing to take their Wellness "crap" testing.

I would only have signed up for free Medicare Part A, but my husband insisted on me getting Part B ($104/month). I put my foot down on all the other "plans" and insurance companies. No way.

Yes, people, there are those of us who don't go running to doctors, or hospitals, even when it's free. "If you have an accident, etc," having insurance doesn't mean you will go anywhere. Been there, done that, WITH insurance. You would be amazed how your body can heal itself given the chance, especially with knowing First Aid (as was said). Yes, I performed it on myself when I hit my head on a tree and blood was pouring down my face. No, hospital emergency room. No, thank you. BTW, at 65, yes, a DNR is a very GOOD idea.

Old saying: You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink.
I love posts like these.
Sure hop Jo48 or anybody like her will come back and post after they've had an appendix burst or a fallopian pregnancy or run a circular saw halfway through their wrist.
We'd all be able to profit from learning about their First Aid techniques.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance