Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 01:52 PM

274 posts, read 704,895 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Adriane22. That explains well.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 08:32 PM

2 posts, read 9,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequon View Post
This is a critical piece of information. Can you back up this info with any other sources? I can't seem to find anything. Also, if this is true, "getting fined for not having health insurance under Obamacare" should not apply to those over 65, right? Do you think that's also true? This looks dubious--I think, if true, this should have been clearly visible because this is such a big exceptional clause.

And thanks for the link. As you assumed, I already knew the insubuy website. You know, the information there is mostly right but we should be careful. After all they are insurance agent/broker and some of the information cannot be verified by other sources--for instance, I tried to get more information about the Anthem coverage through the link there, but they were totally clueless about this and just no different from any other agents--they always say 'we only provide supplementary insurance to medicare for seniors over 65.' And after I gave them my contact info, I had to deal with a ton of spam/junk mails and calls for a while.

Anyway, as you mentioned, if we can find a coverage for her $800/mo, I would be just satisfied. We will see what happens in a few months.
It seems there are some misunderstandings here about our company Insubuy and I would like to clarify.

1. Insubuy does NOT sell medicare supplement plans and it has never sold any.
2. Insubuy never sends junk/spam emails. It has never sent any such emails to anyone.
3. Other than returning an inbound call (such as if you called in the middle of the night and we were closed, we would return your call the next business day), Insubuy never makes any unsolicited outbound calls. It has never made any.
4. We have been selling Anthem Virginia plans since 2002 (around 12 years) and we are familiar with those plans. Therefore, we are not clueless.
5. If you think any of the information we have posted on our web site is inaccurate, please feel free to contact us and let us know why you think so and we would promptly look into it.

I hope that clarifies.

If you have any further questions, please free free to contact our office at any time as we are open 7 days a week.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:33 PM

Insubuy, I have no reason to argue with you. I thought it was insubuy that got me all those junk mails/calls, then maybe it wasn't you. probably it was something else. Thanks for correcting my memory.

Since 2012, I was desperately searching for options for my mother's health coverage. It's just too bad that I could not get connected with you back then. Now I just say "sorry about my misunderstanding. good luck on your business" and I will move on, but, if you care, for the record, can you show us some possible health coverage options for a 79-year-old senior with a history of stroke 1) as of 2012 and 2) as of 2014?

What I found was 1) back in 2012 not many options were available, and some available options (including insubuy) offered a premium of about $2000/mo, but 2) now in 2014, with ACA, we found a bunch of (20+) options ranging from $500/mo to $1000/mo and we picked one for $640/mo. Please tell me I am wrong. Please tell me things would have been very different in 2012, had I known you back then. Please tell me you can offer a very competitive plan for a good price now. I will not be hesitant to switch to you.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:37 PM

2 posts, read 9,083 times
sequon,

It would be the best if you called our office and talked to an agent. We would be glad to offer you the most suitable plan for your needs. There are many factors and it is simply not practical to chat over this public forum to give you professional advice. If available, please ask to speak to Jagruti as she is the most knowledgeable in this area in our company.

Old 02-06-2014, 07:56 AM

Well, no, thank you. Thanks to ACA, my needs have been met and I have no need to contact your office unless you tell me there's an advantage doing so. Obviously you missed the opportunity in this "public forum."

I was not asking you to give me professional advice. I was sharing general information in this forum. For someone like my mother---a senior, recent immigrant not eligible for medicare/medicaid, with a typical health status for the age, getting an insurance coverage used to be next to impossible or impractical, as the premium would be close to $2000/mo, even if one was lucky enough to find a provider or broker like insubuy. That's in the past. Now, thanks to ACA, there are a lot of affordable options to choose from. Can't complain.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:21 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,460,696 times
Quote:
Well, no, thank you. Thanks to ACA, my needs have been met and I have no need to contact your office unless you tell me there's an advantage doing so. Obviously you missed the opportunity in this "public forum."
Actually, he can't, per C-D TOS:
Quote:
Real Estate Agents and other businesses will not advertise their services nor solicit business in their posts. Create a free business profile by going to https://www.city-data.com/profiles/add and fill out your forum profile instead. Do not include links to your websites, MLS listings, etc. in your posts. Do not try to push the envelope by attempting to hide your intentions. Do not solicit business by DMs. Show your knowledge about the area and help people and you will get leads naturally. Real estate agents should join the usergroup for them here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/profi...editusergroups. It will set your user title and add an icon next to your name, so you will get free advertising with your posts.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/9...rum-rules.html

Old 02-08-2014, 07:20 PM

Thanks, Ariadness22 and reed303.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
OP is paying full cost of this insurance.
Hmm, actually my sister will be paying a big chunk of the premium, so I am not paying alone.

In this case, money from Asia is partially covering it. I am sure I am not alone. There should be many others whose extended family members help relatives in the US pay health insurance since Obamacare kicked in. Money is flowing into the US from overseas, if any, not the other way around, because of Obamacare.

That would be my response to those who are so upset about "US taxpayers paying for foreigners' welfare and healthcare and that's going get worse because of Obamacare." Wait, wait, I shouldn't go very far on this. Who knew? Those guys might say "Because of the influx of funds to the US for Obamacare, the US financial security is jeopardized."

I haven't been in the C-D forum for a long time, but I've already seen people like that more than enough. Some of them are repeated offenders. Saying the same thing over and over again. They must never read any posts that are opposite of their views. I'm sure they wouldn't read this as well.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:19 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,367,905 times
Quote:
Thanks, Ariadness22 and reed303.

Hmm, actually my sister will be paying a big chunk of the premium, so I am not paying alone.

In this case, money from Asia is partially covering it. I am sure I am not alone. There should be many others whose extended family members help relatives in the US pay health insurance since Obamacare kicked in. Money is flowing into the US from overseas, if any, not the other way around, because of Obamacare.

That would be my response to those who are so upset about "US taxpayers paying for foreigners' welfare and healthcare and that's going get worse because of Obamacare." Wait, wait, I shouldn't go very far on this. Who knew? Those guys might say "Because of the influx of funds to the US for Obamacare, the US financial security is jeopardized."

I haven't been in the C-D forum for a long time, but I've already seen people like that more than enough. Some of them are repeated offenders. Saying the same thing over and over again. They must never read any posts that are opposite of their views. I'm sure they wouldn't read this as well.
So glad you were able to get insurance for your mom. We have had a pretty bad situation here concerning getting affordable insurance for some people prior to the ACA. Have enjoyed your posts by the way.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:15 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
FYI@sequon--not attempting to get in your face or accuse you of anything improper but did you know---

The money you are getting from your sister which is going to your mother's care and not into your pocket per se is legally required to be reported as "income" to your family--since your mother is used a deduction on your Federal (and maybe state) income tax...
I think the only way it would not be is if your sister has the check/money order made out to the insurance company providing the coverage for your mother...

anyone is allowed to directly receive a certain amount of "tax-free" gifts from relatives or non-relatives (not sure what total amount is--maybe 15K from any one individual) w/o going to your gross income amount--but it has to be reported on your tax form...and there is a total amount anyone is allowed to receive tax-free within a certain time frame...
We have been giving our adult children and their spouses this "gift" for past couple of years and they report on their income tax...

IF we paid certain bills for them directly--like a medical bill to 3rd party, college tuition for grandchild or college loan payment--don't think they would have to count/document that for income tax purpose...but not attorney so can't say specifically

Old 02-28-2014, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 4,293 times
Hello!
I want to share my “horror” story about enrolling senior immigrants into Marketplace plan.
My parents are 77 and 78 yrs old, arrived in 2012. Enrolling period Oct 1- Dec 1 - even don’t want to mention. Everybody knows. My great discovery about enrolling process is – person has to have credit history to be able to pass identity verification. Learned it hard way. It is not mentioned anywhere ( at least haven’t seen it). After couple months of battle with “identity verification system is down” and “your identity can not be verified at this moment, please call Experian” , I learned that my dad doesn’t have credit history by simply requesting credit report from 3 agencies. But my mom had! Only a one line and only in Experian’s report – she tried to apply macy’s credit card ( was denied, btw ). This line changed a lot. I filled out application on her name as main person, and dad as her spouse. Application is now completed, we were able to enroll into the plan.
Now comes my question:
Have insurance company honored the application, even though applicants are older than 65?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance