Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area
 [Register]
Hampton Roads area Chesapeake - Hampton - Newport News - Norfolk - Portsmouth - Suffolk - Virginia Beach
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2011, 07:09 PM

7 posts, read 12,245 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you have.

My family and I will be moving to the Hampton Roads area (probably on the penninsula above Mercury blvd) within a month for my new employment. I'm weighing my healthcare options and am curious about costs for maternity care. Not maternity insurance, just the billed cost for a routine, no complications pregnancy and delivery... doctor's bill for pre-natal care and delivery, hostpital's bill, and anesthestist's bill for an epidural. Those are the three bills we've typically had in the past with our other three kids. If anyone has suggestions or estimates I'd love to hear them. I would get maternity insurance, but everything I've found has a six month waiting period before conception to be covered and we would rather not have that inconvenience.

And along with that, is there any hospital in particular that is best for maternity care? Any doctor recommendations?

Thanks again for the help.

JP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 06:38 PM

3 posts, read 5,497 times
We went to DePaul Bon Secours and did the hospital but insisted on mid wife care. (They had a birth center as well but I wanted an epidural). Our expenses were with insurance. I know the birthing center has a very reasonable out of pocket price.
We had a great supportive birth with minimal intervention and lots of attention. They are not the fanciest rooms but they are private and every one I know who gave birth there (lots of women ) recommends it to their friends. Hope this helps

Old 01-22-2011, 08:58 PM

7 posts, read 12,245 times
Default Thanks

Thanks for the information. It's always good to get recommendations.

I tried to post earlier (twice actually) and didn't realize that I'm too new to post links. In any case I was referred to a site that was really helpful for pricing out various health services based on zip code. It gives a fair market value like KBB does for autos. If you do a web search for something like health care blue book I'd suspect you'd find the site I'm talking about.

JP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Hampton Roads area