Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 03:45 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,740,067 times

Advertisements

I think that people should stop worrying about aging so much. I think people look more stupid trying to look young.
My husband has a lot of silver flecks running through his hair and I love it.....He also has laugh lines and crows feet....Shows his personality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 05:56 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,120,761 times
Thumbs up I'll buy that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
The trick is to dye it black or whatever color you used to be but leave a little gray. Just enough so you don't look silly, but not so much that you look like Moses.
I'll buy that argument! It has a tone of logic in it (which appeals to men) and would allow the *dye-er* to get away with his charade of trying to look younger and more virile for a longer period of time with less of these and more of these ...lol...again, my two cents worth.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:40 PM

31 posts, read 81,525 times
I think that grey hair on men is very attractive. In fact, it's one thing that attracted me to my boyfriend. I shudder to think what his hair would be like if he attempted to dye it. Men look better as they age especially if they stay in good shape.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:14 PM

302 posts, read 921,967 times
I can understand why a man who was turning gray at a rather young age would want to dye his hair, but overall, I see no problem with a bit of gray.

I just tried to imagine George Clooney without his gray hair, and in my head, that would be so wrong!

Old 12-17-2007, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 8,273 times
I'm a 54 year old man who has been getting his hair colored for about 4 years now. I'd become more salt than pepper and to tell you the truth, when I looked in the mirror, I was seeing an older and older man. Getting my hair colored was like turning back the clock for me. Bottom line: it makes me feel young. I'm not married. I never had any trouble getting dates with gray hair and I still don't. That's not the issue. This is just for me. I also work out, watch my diet, bleach my teeth, wear contacts, dress well and act like a gentleman. This is just part of the program. You guys that want to go gray, go ahead. You don't know what you're missing.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:33 PM

2,175 posts, read 9,168,250 times
I thought about dyeing my hair.
Then I looked at it again.
I ask myself, Why paint the chrome?

Old 12-18-2007, 05:15 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,236,297 times
If you are old and grey man or woman please whatever you do, DO NOT dye your hair black. I see so many seniors with wrinkles and then jet black hair. Truthfully something so drastic will only bring out the wrinkles and make you look much older.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:51 AM

919 posts, read 3,183,972 times
I knew a man whom I worked with who colored his hair blonde and always had black roots, then he colored it white...and then it was white and yellow...goodness..it looked awful!

Old 07-09-2008, 08:13 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,019,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
I have a friend that shaved his head and grow a goattee and he is 74 years old. He did this because his hair was gray and he hated gray. You know whats bad is when my barber said I look better without hair then I do with it.

John
I did as your buddy and I'm 53. Best thing I ever did with my hair. Ladies and some men out there.....a full head of hair ain't necessarily good!

Old 06-23-2009, 08:08 AM

3 posts, read 11,913 times
What's the old saying...............There may be snow on the roof but there's fire in the heart!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care