Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Unhappily married.

Group Created by Keralynn

Oh Gosh. I'm not the only one? I do not hate my husband. I love him dearly. The problem is, we are very different. I married this man to have a best friend....companion...someone with me at night. Yeah! I like to be around him and do special things with him! Is that bad thing? Yes...we have friends, separate and couple friends. He hunts/fishes....so gets plenty of time for personal time. I spend personal time at garage sales, going on drives, hangin with friends. I just feel so unhappy. I try to talk with him about it and it always turns into a fight. I feel alone and by myself alot. LIke tonight. We were going to spend the evening together but at 10 pm (he says because it's Friday who cares) he is going over to his friends to help him fix a motor on the boat for fishing tomorrow. I am feeling very emotional and constantly put on the back burner. I feel like he doesn't listen and NEVER agrees with me on anything. I feel like he is unthoughtful and I just am so confused. It makes me resent him. His parents have an odd relationship in my opinion. I think he sees their relationship and thinks that is how they should be (relationships). We are both in our late 20's been married for 2 years, together for 6. No kids...just our dog. So back to his parents, dad is very grumpy, in pain alot, center of attention, and whiny. He also says his opinion constantly and I find it offensive sometimes. His mom doesn't work, lives with the fact that her husband ******* at her constantly, and doesn't really help her with much. Father in law doesn't work either. His mom actually told me at one point that she wanted to leave him! Then recently she told me they were doing better, but then later told me that she just learned to ignore his behavior and do her own thing. I am sorry. I don't want to do my own thing. I married to have a spouse, friend, and companion that I can identify and talk with. I feel that my husband is turning into his father. Sort of uncaring, negative, hypocondriac, and unthoughtful. I will be talking with him but we have been unable to resolve our differences on what a relationship should be. So I am now going to talk with him about going to counseling. I am unwilling to live another day unhappy and alone in my marriage. Maybe it's me...so that's why I am going to try an figure this out. Any comments or advise welcome. Good night.

View All Members Showing 10 of 54 Member(s)
Showing 1 of 1 Picture(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 11 to 20 of 20
  1. SIZZAHANDZZ
    04-11-2011 10:44 AM - permalink
    SIZZAHANDZZ
    I really love and respect what you wrote and i think he should read this asap,try to present this to him,he won't argue with a letter,lol
  2. ricky2000
    04-11-2010 08:51 PM - permalink
    ricky2000
    is anyone here from maryland
  3. rayne72
    03-22-2010 01:55 PM - permalink
    rayne72
    hey , evrybody, i'm not sure what we can or cannot post here.but i do know that i am not alone in being unhappy in my marriage. i'm to the point where i have no love in my heart left for this man. i would never wish harm to come to him, but after 19 yrs. he's not going to change and i am tired of wasting my life. i don't know what else to say rightnow except y'all be blessed.
  4. erp6117
    02-16-2010 09:20 AM - permalink
    erp6117
    My husband and I were high school sweethearts and we married when I was 18 y.o and he was 21 y.o. We have been together for 15 years and married for 11 years. We have beautiful children and I love him dearly. However, we grew apart about 6 years ago and I cannot get him to let go. I have asked him several times if we could just separate for a while so that we can figure out where this marriage is going. But, he says that if we separate that he's not coming back. We pretty much grew up together while also growing up with our kids in the process of raising them. We are great parents and we love our children more than anything...but thats not enough. My mother always told me that I would probably be tired of him by the time I was 23 y.o and she was absolutely right! But, I'm not sure how to explain to him (w/o a fight) that I want a divorce so that I can move on. He has told me on several occassions that he knows that I am unhappy....but he will not leave! I am so confused and I don't want him to be hurt but my happiness means so much more! I ask all members to give their input. What would you do?
  5. lizas979
    02-10-2010 03:40 PM - permalink
    lizas979
    We are going to counseling and this is an enoumous help, we have been togeth for 17 yrs married for 11 and he left last time while I kept begging for us to get help, He finally realized Its the right thing to save our marriage and we are both more commited then ever. For once Im putting him first in front of my grown kids and family. We are both used to being independent now so I hope the move in trasnsition will go smoothly. We have dated for 3 months and he will move in mid March.Old habits are hard to break sometimes though and I have never been this vulnerable. I was always the one who did it all while he worked long hours. This is a major awakening for me so I hope you all try before giving up for good. this is our third try in 4 yrs. and it had been a year so I was really moving on already(slowly) and scared.
  6. DARRELL-N-FLORIDA
    01-25-2010 08:08 PM - permalink
    DARRELL-N-FLORIDA
    I will be married for 7 years February. It has been a miserable marriage. My wife and I are so different in every way, we do not see eye to eye on anything. We do not go anywhere together, I enjoy going out to eat once in a while but I go by myself. ALWAYS. She goes where she goes, I go where I go. She is a very good woman, a wonderful wife. But we are way too far apart. I can not stand it much longer and she cant either. During Christmas we both agreed to divorce, it is 100% mutual. Now we are biding out time to where we can separate then divorce.
    It has been an awful 7 years for the both of us. We have nothing in common at all.
  7. lizas979
    01-24-2010 03:11 PM - permalink
    lizas979
    Hell, I just joined. I have to ask, Is anyone of you the domineering head of the family. I have been and my husband finally told me thats our problem, I now want to try to change my ways and be open to his being the head of household. What are your opinions?
  8. Nosepicker3000
    12-31-2009 08:44 PM - permalink
    Nosepicker3000
    hello.
  9. moudira
    11-14-2009 09:21 PM - permalink
    moudira
    I GUESS,what ever i have to say now,i have feeling is going to go to waste,since this is a old message.

but this message is for kerlaynn.let me ask you this,does your husband help you at home? does he cook,clean,any thing?

first of all,can you think of 5 good things about him,if so,write it down.

sometimes,you have to train them,men are like dogs.i hate to use that word.but like for example you are telling me, you guys are in your 20"s?well.you guys ,just turned 20,you were 18 not too long ago.

sit down and talk to your husband,ask him how does he feel about the relationship?
    try to talk things over.communication is the main thing in a marriage,then sex.

ask him what makes him happy,and ask your self what make you happy.
    try to take care your problems before you start having babies.and DO talk about how you both feel about babies.

GET him out of that atmosphere where he is always hanging around bums.
    do something fun together.

play games,make a cocktail,watch a movie together.

cause,if each one of you ,goes one way,it means,your marriage is melting away,vanishing.you have to work on it.

the woman is the one that always motivate the huband.

create things together,work on your backyard.

try to see what is his hoppy.

i hope ,you get this message.before it;s too late.
  10. tcjones
    11-13-2009 07:32 PM - permalink
    tcjones
    Hello Keralynn, i read your story here and only one time did you mention that you "LOVED" your husband. You keep saying that he's a friend, companion, and someone to talk with but you can do that with a boyfriend or male friend. I myself just got divorced and I don't regret it for a second. I also talked to my ex about feeling bored and neglected in our relationship and it went in one ear and out the other. Never before have I ever thought of cheating on a boyfriend or even my husband for that matter but eventually it ended up happening. A co-worker that was Christmas help ended up paying me alot of attention and I enjoyed it for a change. My ex found out and then and only then decided to listen. We talked it out and he asked me why and we tried to give it another try. The last thing I asked him to promise is to not bring it back up and the next day he did. We got into a big fight, he call the police on me and that was the last straw. I left that night with my child. I haven't looked back since. I'm now in a great relationship but I have my reserves of getting married again. I require alot of attention from my mate (but I also want my alone time also lol) but I like to cuddle, kisses, holding hands, pda, etc. I'm still working on him Everybody deserves to be happy Keralynn. Hang in there and i hope you work it out but don't spend a lifetime working on it. Good Luck Lady!