Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 07:35 AM

13 posts, read 33,247 times

Advertisements

Where do they swim? I could only find two places on the web: Middle Tyger and Westside Aquatics. The YMCAs in Greenville do not seem to have any competitive swim teams or clubs. It looks like some of the High Schools have swim teams: Riverside, JL Mann, Greenville, and Eastside. I could not find any swim team info for Powdersville (Anderson).

Is there another indoor pool or pools with competitive swimming that I did not find? How does the high school practice work... are they bussed or is it parental transportation? If you go to a High School without a swim team, can you still compete in that grade level locally?

Thank You for all the great information, hopefully I can be as helpful as all of you here when I get settled in!
Last Ohio Winter Andy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 10:20 AM

82 posts, read 196,629 times
I know that Christ Church's swim team uses the pool at the LifeCenter across from Greenville Hospital for practice. I'm afraid that I don't know much about public schools and swim teams, JL Mann has swimming and has won state championships but I don't know where they swim, Wren does not appear to have swimming so I'm not sure if Powdersville will when it opens and Riverside has swim team but I don't have any info. Alot of the neighborhoods are involved with SAIL which you can get more info at www.swimsail.org. I'm sure you saw the information on Team Greenville through Westside Aquatics. Also even if you do not live in neighborhood that participates in SAIL the CC's do and many of the neighborhood pools are open to outside membership such as Stone Lake, Gower and Sugar Creek to name a few. I hope this helps.

Also when my kids were taking swim lessons at the LifeCenter I know the director was talking to another family about the competitive options options in town so you may find more information by talking to the aquatics programs at the LifeCenter or the Caine Halter Y.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area