Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 08:27 PM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 8 days ago)

721 posts, read 341,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loser_user View Post
It’s funny there is plenty of palms/palmetto trees in Anderson and Spartanburg cities and counties yet when it comes to Greenville it’s pretty scarce when it comes to palmetto trees. My friend and I joke that Greenville is anti-palmetto. Anyone the reason why lol?
Palmetto trees look out of place in Greenville and other cities closer to the Blue ridge mountains, in my view. Same thing with cacti.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2024, 11:03 AM

121 posts, read 92,577 times
I was told years ago that some strange thermal phenomenon that kept Anderson a good bit warmer than Greenville during a conversation about palm trees specifically.

Old 04-11-2024, 01:07 PM

13 posts, read 23,676 times
Are you sure those trees you see here in the upstate are actually Palmetto's? I thought those were Windmill Palms as they can better deal with the climate here in the upstate. A real Palmetto will probably not survive the winter.

Old 04-13-2024, 08:47 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekie View Post
Are you sure those trees you see here in the upstate are actually Palmetto's? I thought those were Windmill Palms as they can better deal with the climate here in the upstate. A real Palmetto will probably not survive the winter.
I was looking at the trees yesterday around the Waves car wash in Simpsonville trying to figure out if they were Palmettos or Windmills. Anyway the leaves on the branches were 50% brown. Can't be from lack of water with rain we have been getting lately. Maybe it's the winter cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area