Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 07:44 PM

477 posts, read 841,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison3 View Post
Gays generally are enthusiastic about freedom denying things like higher taxes, Obamacare, excessive gun control but then want to play the "freedom" card on gay marriage. Many of them support abortion which is denying the most important liberty of all, life to innocents.
Any proof to back up your stupid statement?

Btw, anyone could turn your statement around and say that ignorant radical Christians love guns more than murdered school children and only bring up freedom when it's convenient.
Just an example btw.

If nobody gets hurt or is forced to "love" someone, any human being with dignity and common sense should be ok with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2014, 08:16 PM

92 posts, read 75,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto7SC View Post
Any proof to back up your stupid statement?

Btw, anyone could turn your statement around and say that ignorant radical Christians love guns more than murdered school children and only bring up freedom when it's convenient.
Just an example btw.

If nobody gets hurt or is forced to "love" someone, any human being with dignity and common sense should be ok with it.
problem is most mass murderers are Democrats/liberals. That doesn't fit your dumb talking point though. Go ahead and ban guns and see how many shootings that stops, it will probably just make it worse. It isn't ilke criminals and the insane care about your gun laws but you guys don't seem to be able to grasp simple truths.

Why shouldn't single people get recognition from the government for it, where are their tax breaks and other perks? You are ok with gays getting government benefits for simply having sex with each other but don't care about singles? That is discrimination. Anybody can do the victim thing, just a matter of framing it the right way.

marriage benefits should be tied to kids and fact a woman can get pregnant, or there should be no marriage benefits.

Gays generally have no problem screwing other people over but we supposed to cry if they can't get married. Nobody that supports Obamacare and high taxes is a friend of mine.

Last edited by HenryTimrod; 01-09-2014 at 08:29 PM..

Old 01-09-2014, 08:31 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,533,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
You don't just pick up and move to another state from the state you were born and raised in and love with your aging mama still here. She's on my side. Also, it is unconstitutional for something to be put on a ballot that can lead to a majority denying the minority the same right the majority has, in this case the right to marry someone they love "that way" who loves them back "that way." And not everyone who wants to get married does so for pregnancy, francis.
You do realize who you are talking to, right? I have been a member of this forum way longer than "francis" was allowed to stick around, or even you for that matter.

And further, I wasn't responding to you as you were not the one asking the question.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:49 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,666,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryTimrod View Post
marriage benefits should be tied to kids and fact a woman can get pregnant, or there should be no marriage benefits.
So by this logic we should strip marriage benefits from people that get remarried / married after menopause, and people that can't have children for some reason, or even anyone that chooses not to have children.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunk Workz View Post
So by this logic we should strip marriage benefits from people that get remarried / married after menopause, and people that can't have children for some reason, or even anyone that chooses not to have children.
Sure, I'm ok not giving governemnt perks to people who choose to have kids, also. There is no reason for government to be involved in marriage.

I'm tired of hearing about this trumped up trivial issue. We got a horrible economy 5 years in a row, we have the O-Care law jacking up people's premiums and eliminating their plans and doctor choices, even their jobs in some cases, etc but the major political party in power wants to talk about this dumb issue 24-7 as though it is priority no. 1.

The annoying thing is people in blue states like California also vote against gay marriage but red states like SC get beat up for the same exact vote as though we are backwards and ride with the KKK, etc.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:04 PM

12,924 posts, read 18,770,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
You do realize who you are talking to, right? I have been a member of this forum way longer than "francis" was allowed to stick around, or even you for that matter.

And further, I wasn't responding to you as you were not the one asking the question.
Not all of my post was in response to yours. I realize it seemed that way. I apologize. No, I don't know whom I was talking to.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:14 AM

218 posts, read 220,975 times
I think that the various feelings the initial question evoked serves as answer enough. While it is true that there are many open minded, accepting people living in the Upstate (mainly in Greenville), the vast majority of the people there are just not ready to see two guys walking down the street holding hands, much less raising a child. The Upstate is one of the most beautiful regions of the country and I thoroughly enjoyed living there. Sadly though, I do feel more comfortable here in Houston being gay than in SC.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdz1979 View Post
I think that the various feelings the initial question evoked serves as answer enough. While it is true that there are many open minded, accepting people living in the Upstate (mainly in Greenville), the vast majority of the people there are just not ready to see two guys walking down the street holding hands, much less raising a child. The Upstate is one of the most beautiful regions of the country and I thoroughly enjoyed living there. Sadly though, I do feel more comfortable here in Houston being gay than in SC.
yeah you guys have been so persecuted in this country, especially South Carolina. lol

Get off your cross. California votes the exact same way as SC does on the issue, not to mention Texas.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:03 AM

You guys should let all the gays that I see downtown Greenville every time I go they getting presecuted in Greenville and should feel uncomfortalble living there. They didn't get the paranoid memo.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:36 AM

218 posts, read 220,975 times
Oh and you know how others feel? Wow, that's an amazing talent! I'm surprised I haven't seen you on the news yet. This is exciting! I hope you actually realize the super power you have. This is going to change the world!

Last edited by rdz1979; 01-12-2014 at 09:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area