Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 10:41 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The bottom line is that if someone can prove your kid vectored something like polio onto another kid it's possible that they will sue you. They probably won't win but if it were gross negligence like you knew you'd been exposed and rubbed honey on the kid, waved healing crystals over them and sent them to camp....then they might actually win.

Define "vectored". A child cannot spontaneously create polio in one's body. The child caught it from someone, somewhere and that person caught it from someone else. How far back will we go to trace the source? Informed consent is a very real thing in the field of medical care. We cannot force medications or procedures on people and those medications include vaccinations. There are no grounds for lawsuits.

Quote:
You mean like the girls in India that died from auto accident, snake-bite and drowning that you and your fellow anti-vaxxers were including in "vaccine death" totals?
No, I mean people who died or were injured from vaccines. Surely you don't believe that vaccines are the one and only medication with 100% safety?

Quote:
Hey, I actually support your right not to vaccinate, but the endless lies and misstatements aimed at convincing others to do the same is frankly despicable.
If you are going to make blanket and vague accusations of misstatements by me then please provide specific examples as to what you are referring to from this thread.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:48 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,236,388 times
Even the anti-vaxxers funded study showed that there was no link between autism and vaccines.
Anti-Vaxxers Fund Study That Finds Zero Link Between Vaccinations And Autism | IFLScience

All indications are that it is something that happens during pregnancy.
Antidepressants double the risk.
Antidepressants During Pregnancy May Double Autism Risk, Study Claims | IFLScience
A nutrient deficiency has been linked to it.
New Autism Research: A Nutrient Called Carnitine Might Counteract Gene Mutations Linked With ASD Risks | IFLScience
A genetic mutation is shown to be a cause
Scientists Discover How A Single Mutation Can Cause Autism | IFLScience

And there is hope, they have managed to reverse it in mice with gene therapy. But there's no hope if this thread of science denying bs continues. All the organic natural non-gmo remedies in the world are not going to cure or prevent a genetic disorder.
Scientists Have "Reversed" Autism In Mice | IFLScience

Old 04-15-2016, 10:52 AM

This thread isn't about autism and vaccines. People may have a wide variety of reasons to utilize their right to exercise informed consent and decline any or all vaccinations or other medications.

The question is, can a person who contracts a disease for which a vaccine is available, sue the person who they caught it from if that person is not vaccinated?

Old 04-15-2016, 10:54 AM

511 posts, read 837,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Deniro's kids moms were all 40+ when they had the kids.

Autism risk is PROVEN beyond a doubt to increase greatly with the mothers age.

Largely, the whole vaccine thing is a smoke screen for people that had kids maybe a little too late in life and don't like what happened after they rolled the dice.

I was 45 when I had my kids. Therefore, all mothers should wait till their 40s to guarantee they produce highly gifted children. My sample size of two trumps all other logic.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:55 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,236,388 times
The common thread is science denialism and the logical fallacy that natural is good and artificial is bad. Addressing the motive is very relevant.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:12 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,782,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
I have a dear friend whose 2 month old son nearly died from Whooping Cough. He was not yet old enough to get vaccinated. He spent 6 weeks in the NICU but managed to pull through. I can't even begin to describe the hell that was.

The CDC traced his infection to a five year old boy whose parents apparently thought he was too much of a special little snowflake to be vaccinated. No medical reason for him to not be vaccinated. I absolutely wish my friend could sue the every loving you-know-what out of his entitled, idiot parents. But they can't. They aren't held accountable at all.
Really? The CDC got involved for ONE case?? Lol!! nice one!

Old 04-15-2016, 11:14 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,782,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This thread isn't about autism and vaccines. People may have a wide variety of reasons to utilize their right to exercise informed consent and decline any or all vaccinations or other medications.

The question is, can a person who contracts a disease for which a vaccine is available, sue the person who they caught it from if that person is not vaccinated?
The answer is "No, they can't" (So quit posting stupid questions)

Old 04-15-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
The common thread is science denialism and the logical fallacy that natural is good and artificial is bad. Addressing the motive is very relevant.
Science is defined as "the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment". It is an ever evolving practice and is not fixed. Scientific research on the other hand utilizes science and scientists to form hypothesis, conduct experiments, gather data and come to conclusion. The field of science is not free from the influence of politics or money. Much of the scientific research in support of vaccines is industry funded. Most scientific evidence that questions vaccines fails to get funded or is often suppressed. That said, evidence exists on both sides of the issue.

It would be foolish to think vaccines are free of any risk. All medication carries certain risk. Different people respond to different medications, including vaccines in different ways. Many will have no reaction but some will.

Informed consent protects all of us. People have the right to decide what medications, medical procedures and vaccinations they will and will not take.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:43 AM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Define "vectored". A child cannot spontaneously create polio in one's body. The child caught it from someone, somewhere and that person caught it from someone else. How far back will we go to trace the source? Informed consent is a very real thing in the field of medical care. We cannot force medications or procedures on people and those medications include vaccinations. There are no grounds for lawsuits.
If you have HIV and knowingly have sex with someone you have violated the law and can face both criminal and civil punishment.

There are several precedents for passing a disease along to someone else.

Didn't say we can force someone but it doesn't give you immunity to lawsuit.

Go google "Man sued for spreading herpes"

Then come back and tell us again that you can't be sued for spreading a disease if they can link it back to you and you knew you had it.

Old 04-15-2016, 11:48 AM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
If you are going to make blanket and vague accusations of misstatements by me then please provide specific examples as to what you are referring to from this thread.
Ah yes, your past claims in other threads can't be brought up to address your credibility. I can see why you would like that rule to be followed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates