Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2007, 04:39 PM

24 posts, read 106,039 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tellme anything about The Creekside Estates in Ball Ground????

The houses look nice, good location..I think.

What about the people, schools, traffic, builders?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2007, 05:48 PM

86 posts, read 438,016 times
Do you know who the builder is and I can try to give some insight on these homes?

Old 03-15-2007, 01:30 PM

13 posts, read 56,636 times
Be very careful. The homes are BEAUTIFUL and an on lovely wooded lots. They are also priced very reasonable. Why "be careful". If you look closely as you turn into the entrance you will notice what looks like a large hill or mountain. IT IS THE LANDFILL! It is a huge pile of trash. On a warm day, you can smell it for miles. Also, a little farther down the road is a poultry farm. That just adds another layer to the lovely smell in the air. Sorry to disappoint you. When I first went into the subdivision, I was ready to sign a contract that day. Luckily, someone mentioned the landfill and then I noticed the smell. Good luck.

Old 03-15-2007, 01:42 PM

100 posts, read 429,490 times
Yikes! Maybe someone should take the "C" off the beginning of the entrance sign.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:00 PM

19 posts, read 67,372 times
My parents live about a half mile from the entrance to Creekside. The homes are nice and seem to be very well built. Like others said, it backs up to a major landfill so on "some" days you smell it. But its not as bad as you would think, even on the hottest of summer days. I live right down the road off of Hwy 20 and I have never smelled the landfill. The wind has to be blowing due south for anyone in Creekside to smell te landfill.

As far as traffic goes, its on a rural road, convienient to hwy 20 which has the volume in the afternoontime but not like backed up for miles traffic.

The people in this area are very friendly, I have lived up here since 2001 and love it.

My daughter goes to Macedonia Elementary which is a great school. A brand new middle and high school have just been built within the past 2 years as well. Its a great part of the county to live in !

Old 03-17-2007, 04:01 PM

13 posts, read 56,636 times
That is good to know about the smell. I have only visited so it is great to get insight from someone who lives in the area. I think the homes are beautiful. The lots are nice as well.

Old 03-18-2007, 06:06 PM

25 posts, read 109,486 times
If you were looking at Creekside then you might also want to consider Mt Brooke North. If you go into downtown take a right onto Old Dawsonville rd. The homes are comparable minus a landfill.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:13 PM

138 posts, read 623,269 times
I'm interested to hear if you ever moved to Creekside? I really like 1 house in there (not sure my wife likes it as much), but I'm curious to hear from someone who lives there about the particular community.

Thanks,

Bill

Old 06-22-2008, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 6,964 times
Creekside Estates is a community with large homesites, something that is getting hard to find. The homes are built by local custom builders. There are over 70 homeowners living there now. The community has around 50 acres of Greenspace with walking trails. It is a very nice community with nice people and very well built homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia