Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 12:45 PM

14,352 posts, read 11,747,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
You really eat there?
What are you insinuating? Of course, people eat there. If you're going to get inexpensive pizza or a hot dog, why pay more? And the rotisserie chickens are good quality and genuinely very cheap, though they are supposed to be taken home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2024, 06:34 PM

10,337 posts, read 6,887,116 times
Quote:
You really eat there?
Occasionally. (I'll take non-members there to shop, then we'll get something for immediate consumption.)

After spending $51 for 3 small burritos and 2 chicken & rice soups @ Norte's, I deserved a deal. And this was "to go..." Do this 40-50 times a month, and you start talking about some real money. (After-tax dollars too, so it's even more costly.)

For a "somewhat decent deal" I'll patronize TipTop Meats. I like their quality of meats, mostly.

Old 05-02-2024, 06:54 PM

19,557 posts, read 9,568,160 times
There used to be a restaurant at a mall 30 minutes away, it was named Bucca di Peppi. I’m not sure how it’s spelled. One plate could have easily been shared by 2 or 3 people.Not saying it was super cheap but the quantity was definitely the plus factor. That is, if you were heading home and able to put the saved amount into a refrigerator.

Old Yesterday, 06:49 AM

5,907 posts, read 6,979,600 times
Quote:
You really eat there?
You really DON'T eat there? Everyone else is.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/costco-...mbership-card/
"Costco is cracking down on its food court. You now need to show your membership card to eat there."

Old Yesterday, 06:53 AM

22,618 posts, read 47,750,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
There used to be a restaurant at a mall 30 minutes away, it was named Bucca di Peppi. I’m not sure how it’s spelled. One plate could have easily been shared by 2 or 3 people.Not saying it was super cheap but the quantity was definitely the plus factor. That is, if you were heading home and able to put the saved amount into a refrigerator.
Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant

Still around is some cities.
It is hard to eat there as people need to agree on the dishes ordered. Otherwise, if not sharing extensively, there is WAY too much food!

Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM

2,046 posts, read 3,359,608 times
We got Chinese the other week and had enough food to last for days. (We are Senior Citizens ) I actually ended up throwing food away because i thought it got too old. (Bought 2 specials and one regular order.)

Same thing with Mexican food we got from a great Mexican restaurant a few days ago. Got two meals and ate 3 times, and still had some left.

Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM

12,789 posts, read 15,021,124 times
Quote:
Neither one are places we use. If it does not taste the very best - why are you buying iy?

When I get takeout, sure, I'll go to the best-tasting places for the most part, but when you want to save some $, Panda Express is pretty good sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Pep pizza at CostCo.

A rotisserie chicken at, dare I say it, COSTCO!

A hotdog at CostCo.

A chicken bake, at you-know-where, CostCo!

Caesar chicken salad isn't a bad deal either.

Then, there's all the smoothies and berry frosty things for a buck.

You know, it doesn't "cost" to join a membership, it "pays."

Yes, those $4.99 big chickens are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post

I have one of those Italian places not too far from me, but nevr tried them before.

Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM

22,618 posts, read 47,750,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I have one of those Italian places not too far from me, but nevr tried them before.
Been a while since we went there, but I'll warn you. Go with a crowd.
We ordered an app and three entrees for eight people and had lots left over.

Last edited by Pitt Chick; Yesterday at 01:52 PM..

Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,763,524 times
We love the orange chicken at Panda Express and so do my grandkids and actually most of the family. I never thought of it as being a good value for the money. We would gain weight if we got it all the time, it's like eating a dessert.

Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM

61,869 posts, read 87,339,575 times
"Most food for your $" means a huge plate or plates (if this is a buffet) of cheap, overprocessed junk.
Huge portions are never associated with quality food.
It's a simple profit calculation.

Most people who prefer eating biggest meals for their $ are the cause of epidemic obesity.

Not my way of frugal living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living