Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 07:06 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,874,458 times

Advertisements

Wow Scully....what a culture shock.That's like moving from Tarpon Point to Dunbar.I would think that would cause you to START drinking,not stop.
Get a carry permit and put bars on your windows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 11:08 AM

3 posts, read 6,344 times
Hello,
Once again, folks quoting the news, not the facts. There are some very nice areas of Lehigh. I recommend anywhere on Sunshine NORTH of Lee Blvd, the far East side of Lehigh, Leeland Heights or off Milwaukee. Stay far away from Gunnery, the SW region, Bell Blvd area, and most streets right off SR 82. I highly advise checking the crime maps for the past 60 days to get a good grasp. You can type in the address and check for Registered Sex Offenders also. I love living in Lehigh and while there is a lot of gutter trash, you can certaintly find some amazing deals in great areas if you do your diligence. Good luck!!

Old 05-17-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthompson610 View Post
Hello,
Once again, folks quoting the news, not the facts. There are some very nice areas of Lehigh. I recommend anywhere on Sunshine NORTH of Lee Blvd, the far East side of Lehigh, Leeland Heights or off Milwaukee. Stay far away from Gunnery, the SW region, Bell Blvd area, and most streets right off SR 82. I highly advise checking the crime maps for the past 60 days to get a good grasp. You can type in the address and check for Registered Sex Offenders also. I love living in Lehigh and while there is a lot of gutter trash, you can certaintly find some amazing deals in great areas if you do your diligence. Good luck!!
Hmmmmm.....Noticed that you went om all 3 Lehigh threads to post a glowing review....makes me a little suspicious that you have an agenda.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:01 AM

374 posts, read 796,238 times
I concur that there are some nice areas in Lehigh... but just for the fact that the entire area has such a bad rap makes it "not a very good investment" Lets face it whether we move to an area to live, raise a family, work... in the end we want our home to be a "good investment" Eventually we all sell, so I think one would want to get out of their home, more than what they put in. PLUS, to b able to sell it in "due time" A bad rap makes that very difficult to do.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:48 PM

52 posts, read 111,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Hmmmmm.....Noticed that you went om all 3 Lehigh threads to post a glowing review....makes me a little suspicious that you have an agenda.
Hey, if the guy is happy with his home and location? Why can't you just accept that, without putting in your 2 cents worth of negitivity.

Everyone on this board has an agenda Nothing wrong with sharing a different point of view. Some here are happy people with agendas, and some are bitter people with agendas. Some here are suspicous of content & happy people.
Just to stir the pot a little... I think it really bothers some of the folks from CC, that other folks shopping for homes, find nice spots & great deals in Lehigh Acres.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:34 PM

[quote=BillyD0123;24399734]Hey, if the guy is happy with his home and location? Why can't you just accept that, without putting in your 2 cents worth of negitivity.

I'll give you that point,Billy...if he's happy,he's happy and that's all any of us want out of life....it's hard ,though,not to jump in when somebody new is thinking of buying there without knowing the area.I'd sure want someone to tip me off if I was about to buy in a place that's had so many problems.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:15 AM

36 posts, read 262,365 times
Actually i sold my house in Cape Coral to move to Lehigh in 2000 . Been in area since 1978 when friends moved to Briar cliff Rd in So Ft Myers from Miami ... There are nice areas in Lehigh Acres !!! how bout that !!!, all you need to do is drive around . But if Lehigh is not for you then take a ride down Tree line , Gateway or University area all which are better than Cape Coral ... Why ?!, wells in Cape dry up , Politics are the worst , Assessments for water & sewer Get ready !!!! , fishing ? wrong place move to east coast. Boating in SW Cape you'll deal with the lock and a 45min ride gets old real fast... Now !!! enjoy Country rides on a Harley , Move to Lehigh !!!! Nuff said... its your money , so spend a little time checking out the area instead of whining about it , BTW, if you don't like it here take I75 Northbound back to the Archie Bunker home you came from ... Have a nice day !!!

Old 05-24-2012, 06:54 AM

Sounds like you fit right into Lehigh just fine !

Old 05-24-2012, 03:01 PM

36 posts, read 262,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
Sounds like you fit right into Lehigh just fine !
Figures ...

Old 05-24-2012, 03:57 PM

52 posts, read 111,568 times
Default Nyuk Nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban View Post
Actually i sold my house in Cape Coral to move to Lehigh in 2000 . Been in area since 1978 when friends moved to Briar cliff Rd in So Ft Myers from Miami ... There are nice areas in Lehigh Acres !!! how bout that !!!, all you need to do is drive around . But if Lehigh is not for you then take a ride down Tree line , Gateway or University area all which are better than Cape Coral ... Why ?!, wells in Cape dry up , Politics are the worst , Assessments for water & sewer Get ready !!!! , fishing ? wrong place move to east coast. Boating in SW Cape you'll deal with the lock and a 45min ride gets old real fast... Now !!! enjoy Country rides on a Harley , Move to Lehigh !!!! Nuff said... its your money , so spend a little time checking out the area instead of whining about it , BTW, if you don't like it here take I75 Northbound back to the Archie Bunker home you came from ... Have a nice day !!!

Bravo! Well said... Author!

Cuban my man, you're playing with fire when you say the LA word around here. Being pro Lehigh Acres and dissing the wells of Cape Coral in the same post My god man, what were you thinking.
BTW Cuban, I checked your profile to get a little history, and got the big info goose egg. However, there was a message in your profile page that stated "cuban has not made any friends yet" Duh!
Cuban your pretty close with the Archie Bunker comparison. It sounds like many of these folks live in the past & don't venture far from their living room chair. And by "venture" I don't mean driving driving north and south on the east coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area