Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:03 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauve View Post
Com, we haven't seen ANYONE looking to move to Fort Laud from ANYWHERE on a regular basis until the last couple of months. There is probably a lot of pent up restlessness as people were unable to relocate while the real estate bubble crashed. Now, that prices are perceived to have hit bottom, people feel it is a safe time to make a move. And certainly, if you sold during the height here and bought up in NC, the opportunity to have a second chance to do it all again must seem very appealing, especially as the weather grows cold up there and they remember the things they liked about Florida.
Good analysis. I wish them the best of luck, and them moving back to Florida, helps people up there enjoy the peaceful NC they had before.

Before all 'them rowdy Floridians' moved there..

Disclaimer:
(For those who don't understand internet sarcasm....I'm being just that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanes View Post
I'm aggressively looking for work in any part of south florida from Tampa/Orlando down to Broward county. I moved from Sunrise to the south Atlanta area back in 2006 and it's horrible here. The crime rate here is waaay worse than Miami. I previously lived in Hollywood and Sunrise for over 34 years and never had to buy an alarm system or gun til I got to Atlanta. The little snow we get is nice for a change but I find it boring here since I live in the burbs and miss the beaches and hot weather. Now it's just packing money away and renting the apartment til something opens up. Even with the hurricanes I think a lot of people take south florida for granted. I know I did and once I move back I ain't never leaving again. I also have a co-worker that moved up about the same time as me and he is trying to move back too.
You say you live in South Atlanta. Buford is not S. ATL....Am I missing something here? Are you sure you're not in Clayton County?

And never say never. I bet you said never before leaving Florida. Watch these words, they will bite you in the ass sooner or later. Life's too short to be miserable. Plenty of properties available. (Still not cheap, but plenty to go around). Good Luck on that move back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 10:27 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,913,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Good analysis. I wish them the best of luck, and them moving back to Florida, helps people up there enjoy the peaceful NC they had before.

Before all 'them rowdy Floridians' moved there..

Disclaimer:
(For those who don't understand internet sarcasm....I'm being just that).

You say you live in South Atlanta. Buford is not S. ATL....Am I missing something here? Are you sure you're not in Clayton County?

And never say never. I bet you said never before leaving Florida. Watch these words, they will bite you in the ass sooner or later. Life's too short to be miserable. Plenty of properties available. (Still not cheap, but plenty to go around). Good Luck on that move back.

Very, very true. My wife and I moved back to FL and left Asheville NC. we thought everyone was that nice, everyone was that happy, etc... We just got so used to everyone being friendly and happy, etc... So, we'll go back to FL and have the same things plus beaches and palm trees, we thought. *Ahem* Not so. LOL. Everyone isnt that friendly, and we really took that for granted in Asheville. We lived in FL when we were younger, but it's changed so much - especially Orlando. So I agree, never say never.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:09 PM

52 posts, read 226,605 times
[quote=

And never say never. I bet you said never before leaving Florida. Watch these words, they will bite you in the ass sooner or later. Life's too short to be miserable. Plenty of properties available. (Still not cheap, but plenty to go around). Good Luck on that move back. [/quote]

I did live in Clayton county at first then moved to Buford to get away from the thugs. Things are better here but still not home.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:13 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanes View Post
I did live in Clayton county at first then moved to Buford to get away from the thugs. Things are better here but still not home.
LOL. I understand you.

But, like I tell everyone, do your research before leaving what you call "home". (Words of wisdom ).

Good Luck on your search and quest to come back "home".

Old 03-01-2010, 08:49 PM

18 posts, read 53,045 times
whats your profession? itll be easier to give u leads that way

Old 03-01-2010, 11:36 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,205,511 times
I haven't read all the posts of this thread- but I grew up in Broward and left over 8 years ago. I am moving back. I just spent three days here to deliver a stray dog to a shelter, ended up having one job interview and two applications for openings in my field. That's three more shots than I've had in Jax in the past six months. And I have never gotten used to Jax or liked living there.
Spoiler
That's how I found this site- trying to find a way out of Duval. Getting laid off last summer may have been the best thing that ever happened to me. Nothing to lose now.
Other than family, Jacksonville holds nothing for me socially or professionally.

Everyone is different- but I am alive in Broward and can't wait to return permanently.

I say- follow your gut. Plan, but follow your gut.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:16 PM

52 posts, read 226,605 times
Woohoo! I am finally going back home.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:15 AM

323 posts, read 633,914 times
This thread has some great info! I am originally from NY (near NYC) and was considering Raleigh, but after a visit, I can see why people feel an emptiness there. It will take another 5-10 years to built some sort of vibrant feel, in my opinion. We are in mid-CT now, and it has that same empty feel, with a New England, "tut tut" attitude. And cold! And depressing. I'm in the sticks! Visiting the Ft. Lauderdale area again next week, and can't wait!

Old 10-23-2011, 02:49 PM

1 posts, read 961 times
i know im very late on this post, however, i too moved to NC over a year ago and i HATE this place and want to move back to Broward ...i'm finding it increasingly hard to find a job down there, and as the days go by i become more sad ...my husband is a treasury analyst , and it is such a specialized field, that you cannot just go and apply for in person, you have to get the recruiters involved along with applying superficially for jobs (online) ....not to mentiona ll my family is down there, and i just pray that one day we can finally move back! :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area