Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:02 PM

10 posts, read 46,963 times

Advertisements

lauderdale is not that hood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dang!!!!!
stop sayin dat!!

the baddest citys in florida is
1.MIAMI
2.TAMPA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 11:04 PM

54 posts, read 338,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie305 View Post
lauderdale is not that hood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dang!!!!!
stop sayin dat!!

the baddest citys in florida is
1.MIAMI
2.TAMPA
I can understand you saying Miami, but Tampa? You are wrong. In 2006, the murder rate per 100,000 people was nearly DOUBLE in Fort Lauderdale, and Fort Lauderdale also led in robberies, burglaries and theft. I've been to Tampa, and its not bad. Far worse places in Lauderdale.

Fort Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, Oakland Park, Opa Locka, Miami Gardens, West Palm Beach, Belle Glade, and Riviera Beach all have higher crime rates (in the majority of the crime categories) than Tampa.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:08 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,912,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauderdale954 View Post
I've been to Tampa, and its not bad. Far worse places in Lauderdale.
Have you ever been down MLK Blvd in Tampa? You don't even have to go, you can just look at it on here. It's like Sistrunk west of 95 or Sunland but I would say about 3-4 times worse.

MLK Blvd tampa fl - Google Maps

MUCH worse in real life. The actual crime rate as a whole is higher in Tampa but Ft. Lauderdale is higher in some categories like the ones you named. Now on the other hand, Pompano has some sections that I would put up against a bad part of Tampa. But here is the difference between here and there- Tampa improves every year, we stopped improving around 2006. But Tampa as a whole is more what I would call "gritty" than anything.

Now on the other hand bad parts of Tampa don't even compare to Miami Gardens, parts of WPB, Riviera, etc.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:13 PM

54 posts, read 338,090 times
No, not too familiar with it. And I know what you mean, it gets worse every year down here. From what I've seen and heard so far, this year doesn't look much better.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:33 PM

19 posts, read 106,740 times
also sometimes its not the whole city thats bad so it could get u confused like lauderhill if your in deepside or shallowside its hood but if you go to inverarry or any place north of oakland its a whole nother environment alot better which for the most part because half of the city is niice and the other part is bad it makes the city crime stats not look that badits like that in other places too like miramar and ft lauderdale

Old 12-28-2008, 08:27 PM

3,910 posts, read 9,475,304 times
Good luck finding an apartment near the beach for less than $900. I've been looking and there are plenty of deals on apts in Plantation, Davie, Coral Springs, etc. Generally, the further west you go the more affordable the rent. But anything on or near the beach you'll pay at least a grand for the cheapest place that's decent. If its any less than 1000 there's something they're not telling you. Check to see if the place has washers/dryers. that's one scam I've noticed searching for apartments. You see this great rent price, but when you research it its missing appliances or has community washers and dryers. Or its in a real ghetto section of town. Also, consider if they include other amenities such as internet access, cable tv, water/sewer, etc.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:58 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,903,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Good luck finding an apartment near the beach for less than $900. I've been looking and there are plenty of deals on apts in Plantation, Davie, Coral Springs, etc. Generally, the further west you go the more affordable the rent. But anything on or near the beach you'll pay at least a grand for the cheapest place that's decent. If its any less than 1000 there's something they're not telling you. Check to see if the place has washers/dryers. that's one scam I've noticed searching for apartments. You see this great rent price, but when you research it its missing appliances or has community washers and dryers. Or its in a real ghetto section of town. Also, consider if they include other amenities such as internet access, cable tv, water/sewer, etc.
This thread is a year old but anyway, you can get something on water in 800-900 now at 65th and Fed in Port Royale or across the street not on water for 650 and up. Imperial Point and Bay Colony Club (on water). There are some beach now too on realtor dot com. Starting at 650 for efficiency Galt Ocean and up.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:18 AM

1 posts, read 4,027 times
stay away from Fort Lauderdale. the entire city is a Ghetto and people are rude and generally losers.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:35 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,475,304 times
Port Royale rents are all above $1000 even for the cheapest unit. I know this is an old thread, but if I were in the original poster's shoes I would avoid Fort Lauderdale altogether because the rents will be too expensive for anything decent. Any unit under $950 in Fort Lauderdale is ghetto, crime infested, etc. You get what you pay for.

If your maximum budget is $900, then you would be best be served looking out west. Anything east is pretty much gonna be $950+ for something halfway decent.

Old 07-15-2017, 02:49 AM

2 posts, read 2,389 times
Is anyone know about the NW 15th terrace in ft Lauderdale area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area