Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 03:59 PM

159 posts, read 559,139 times

Advertisements

You should go into a rental agency. I went to RENT FREE in hollywood. You tell them your requirements and they will show you a few places that fit the bill. I pay $700 near Johnson and 441 for a 1 bedroom, no washer or dryer, no dishwasher. 400 sf. Same area my brother pays 800 for 2 bedrm. I think if you go into one of those rental agencies they will find what your looking for, especially if your at home in "THE HOOD" peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 05:11 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,371,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
WS..not sure if u remember- it was on the news (a female stranger knoced on his door and some words were exchange and came back a couple days later with her nephew), around thanksgiving a guy who used to park next to me a couple years ago in the garage up here, got shot in the head down, so u got to be careful. He was one of the nicest people in the world.
damn! No, your right, that's why I said cautiously concerned. But its no reason to be paranoid. Last time I was in Brooklyn, the super in the apartment building I was staying in got beat DOWN by some neighborhood kid. Reason was because the super told him he wasn't allowed to come in and out of the building as he pleased, because he wasn't a resident. that wouldn't have been me though, cause my knuckle game is way to nice for that.

Old 01-26-2009, 05:40 PM

259 posts, read 840,978 times
I don't think anyone was really questioning ones "toughness" or ability to survive in the hood. lol I'm a single female and grew up in a poor/working class area in Houston. It's just that damn if I'm gonna be dropping $650 a month to get what you can get in Broward county (which is not much) and compare that to the exact same amount in other cities, I would think that's just a little overpriced.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:38 PM

2,764 posts, read 6,769,574 times
LOL - How old are you Wild? That sounds like something my kid brother would say LOL - Listen, I come from the era of toe-to-to throw downs, problem is you have people with no sense of morality and use guns to solve every thing!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki9947 View Post
I don't think anyone was really questioning ones "toughness" or ability to survive in the hood. lol I'm a single female and grew up in a poor/working class area in Houston. It's just that damn if I'm gonna be dropping $650 a month to get what you can get in Broward county (which is not much) and compare that to the exact same amount in other cities, I would think that's just a little overpriced.
I lived in in Texas for awhile. Houston doesn't count when it comes to hoods (im kidding)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsa1075 View Post
LOL - How old are you Wild? That sounds like something my kid brother would say LOL - Listen, I come from the era of toe-to-to throw downs, problem is you have people with no sense of morality and use guns to solve every thing!
i was kidding

Old 01-27-2009, 12:04 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,425,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
damn! No, your right, that's why I said cautiously concerned. But its no reason to be paranoid. Last time I was in Brooklyn, the super in the apartment building I was staying in got beat DOWN by some neighborhood kid. Reason was because the super told him he wasn't allowed to come in and out of the building as he pleased, because he wasn't a resident. that wouldn't have been me though, cause my knuckle game is way to nice for that.
Ahh!! What some slap boxing skills will do for someone later on in life...
Let me stop.

I was just joking around with my cousin about how many people we knew in Brooklyn and Queens with Baseball bats, and they didn't know a thing about Baseball.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:09 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,912,353 times
Probably something in east Miramar might be the best bet for the price. It's not nearly as bad of an area as they say it is, and you might find a couple of 2 bedrooms on the higher side of it. I would definitely take it over the areas of Hollywood or Pompano you are looking at for that price.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
Probably something in east Miramar might be the best bet for the price. It's not nearly as bad of an area as they say it is, and you might find a couple of 2 bedrooms on the higher side of it. I would definitely take it over the areas of Hollywood or Pompano you are looking at for that price.
THIS!

Hollywood and Pompano = hell holes in those poorer areas. Friend of mine was living in a one bedroom efficiency in Hollywood. Someone broke in to his studio apartment while he was sleeping and relieved him of all his valuables then they broke into his car and stole from there too. Left his apartment door open when they left, guess they felt the place needed to air out :S

Not even going to mention the horror stories I have heard about Pompano.

MisterNY

I think you are about my age. I remember the days of Decepticons, box cutters and Universal Beat downs lol. Like someone else said though, long gone are the days a person would take a beating and leave it at that. Now everyone thinks they are dirty harry.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:21 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,769,574 times
LOL - well it worked - I was chuckling.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:19 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,425,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
THIS!

Hollywood and Pompano = hell holes in those poorer areas. Friend of mine was living in a one bedroom efficiency in Hollywood. Someone broke in to his studio apartment while he was sleeping and relieved him of all his valuables then they broke into his car and stole from there too. Left his apartment door open when they left, guess they felt the place needed to air out :S

Not even going to mention the horror stories I have heard about Pompano.

MisterNY

I think you are about my age. I remember the days of Decepticons, box cutters and Universal Beat downs lol. Like someone else said though, long gone are the days a person would take a beating and leave it at that. Now everyone thinks they are dirty harry.
Or Charles Bronson..
Lol. We must be around the same age. (early to mid 30s).. Ah, the Decepts..These guys ran parts of Brooklyn in their day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area