Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 07:43 PM

13 posts, read 18,826 times

Advertisements

Any subdivision suggestions in Boca that have newer homes & great schools? (1 mill price point) Also how is Pembroke Pines?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 12:06 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lbrown View Post
Thoughts on the South Florida market/pricing for late winter/early spring? I'm assuming there will be more inventory in spring & many people want to move at the end, prior to the beginning of the next school year?
Any other insights would be greatly appreciated & feel free to message me as well. Thanks!
January 1st through the end of August is peak season for real estate here. There are zero bargains out there. Everything is going for full ask or over and not staying on the market long.

The only time our market slows down is November and December but it really didn't this year.

I'm going to throw a wrench in things and suggest you take a look at Victoria Park. Parts are walkable to Las Olas. While it is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Fort Lauderdale, most homes are either new or gut job renovated. While the waterfront homes are way over your price range, you can still get decent square footage in your price range. The lots are huge and the landscaping is mature and gorgeous. The school, Virginia Shuman is a public Montessori school. I-95 is a straight two mile drive down Broward. The beach is five minutes down Las Olas or Sunrise.

The southernmost part of Boca is 40 minutes from Las Olas. I used to do the drive three times a week from Las Olas to Palmetto and Federal Highway either by I95 or Federal Highway.

I know Weston, Parkland, etc get a lot of love but once you are out there, you are out there and if what you want isn't there, you are DRIVING. Traffic here is insane and will ruin your life.

Old 12-14-2021, 03:55 PM

13 posts, read 18,826 times
I posted in the West Palm Beach Forum about Wellington but haven't received any responses yet, anyone have any insight into Wellington? Wellington Vs Parkland pros & cons? (We have pretty much ruled out Weston & Boca is still a consideration) Thx!

Old 12-15-2021, 06:54 AM

278 posts, read 316,804 times
Quote:
I posted in the West Palm Beach Forum about Wellington but haven't received any responses yet, anyone have any insight into Wellington? Wellington Vs Parkland pros & cons? (We have pretty much ruled out Weston & Boca is still a consideration) Thx!
To be honest, you are more likely to get more accurate responses about wellington in the palm beach section. My only experience with wellington are occasionally equestrian events. Seems like a nice area, but typically not held in the same regard as Weston and parkland. Remember, both areas have public schools ranked in the top 5% via US news.

Also the comment about traffic in Weston is an absolute joke. Only traffic here is an occasional car line to pick up kids from school.

Regardless, parkland is a great area as well. Was actually just up there for a party over the weekend. Very modern houses and attractive streets. Great amenities as well. Seems like alot of new construction in the northern part of town. Like mentioned before though, within the town itself there aren't as many dining, entertainment and shopping options.

Old 12-15-2021, 03:14 PM

835 posts, read 476,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrekid View Post
To be honest, you are more likely to get more accurate responses about wellington in the palm beach section. My only experience with wellington are occasionally equestrian events. Seems like a nice area, but typically not held in the same regard as Weston and parkland. Remember, both areas have public schools ranked in the top 5% via US news.

Also the comment about traffic in Weston is an absolute joke. Only traffic here is an occasional car line to pick up kids from school.

Regardless, parkland is a great area as well. Was actually just up there for a party over the weekend. Very modern houses and attractive streets. Great amenities as well. Seems like alot of new construction in the northern part of town. Like mentioned before though, within the town itself there aren't as many dining, entertainment and shopping options.
The comment was about traffic outside of Weston which is indeed horrendous. I know people blow up Weston on this sub forum to be some sort of paradise which is perfection personified, which is all overblown hype — and I’m not about to believe it’s by real estate agents trying to move houses in the area. Weston does have flaws, don’t believe the hype.

Parkland was also hyped up as this ultra safe area where no crime could ever occur - and what do you know, a mass shooting happened there. Thankfully all the puffing about parkland has since died down since the school shooting.

Old 12-17-2021, 03:18 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,826,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
The comment was about traffic outside of Weston which is indeed horrendous. I know people blow up Weston on this sub forum to be some sort of paradise which is perfection personified, which is all overblown hype — and I’m not about to believe it’s by real estate agents trying to move houses in the area. Weston does have flaws, don’t believe the hype.

Parkland was also hyped up as this ultra safe area where no crime could ever occur - and what do you know, a mass shooting happened there. Thankfully all the puffing about parkland has since died down since the school shooting.
Weston is still the best you can find anywhere in South Florida.

Old 12-17-2021, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Wellington is kind of out there, in the boonies. Still very nice. More to do there than in Parkland in terms of shopping and going out.

Parkland is very nice. Newer homes than in Weston. Although I am not crazy about some of the construction quality of the newer homes I have seen there. The older Heron Bay in Parkland seems to have more solid build.

Old 12-17-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post

So traffic anywhere outside of Weston is bad. Does that make Weston less desirable or the opposite?

Old 12-17-2021, 04:19 PM

278 posts, read 316,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
So traffic anywhere outside of Weston is bad. Does that make Weston less desirable or the opposite?
I was so confused by his comment too .

Also him insinuating that I'm a realtor trying to sell something. I move here 1 year ago with the help of people from this board for my family. I'm simply paying forward by helping those who are also looking the same areas I looked, for the same reasons. Schools, parks, kid friendly atmosphere, commute, convenience etc... These are things every parent looks for and Weston, parkland and certain parts of Boca are perfect for those criteria.

Old 12-18-2021, 05:13 AM

835 posts, read 476,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Unless you plan on staying in Weston as a recluse for the rest of your life and never venturing forth outside….Weston is on the opposite end of the county from the airport, for example, which is only accessible in any reasonable amount of time from 595. If 595 is backed up, which it usually is (why else would they have cordoned off express lanes), absent the $10 one way express lane, there is no way to access the airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area