Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 07:37 AM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times

Advertisements

Hi all -

I may have the opportunity to take a position in South Florida, either in Fort Lauderdale (downtown) or Hollywood.

In researching places to live, I found Flagler Village. It looks convenient to the job location in Fort Lauderdale, but I was wondering if the locals had any more information. For example, how is crime? Is it easier to rent or own? What's the nightlife like?

I'm single, early 40s, professional, fairly conservative generally but believe in live and let live.

Any specific recommendations for or information about apartment complexes there would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 10:28 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
Do a thread search as this topic has been discussed many times.

Old 11-07-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Do a thread search as this topic has been discussed many times.
Conditions change over time, particularly for specific apartment complexes. So I am looking for current information. Thanks for the unhelpful post though.

Old 11-08-2019, 09:32 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,831,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Hi all -

I may have the opportunity to take a position in South Florida, either in Fort Lauderdale (downtown) or Hollywood.

In researching places to live, I found Flagler Village. It looks convenient to the job location in Fort Lauderdale, but I was wondering if the locals had any more information. For example, how is crime? Is it easier to rent or own? What's the nightlife like?

I'm single, early 40s, professional, fairly conservative generally but believe in live and let live.

Any specific recommendations for or information about apartment complexes there would be great.
I lived in Flagler Village for 3+ years and liked it a lot. It is very nice. Lots of bars, breweries, coffee shops right there, plus more within an easy walk. There are lots of very nice resort-style rental buildings, and more are being built, so renting is easy (if you have good income and credit score).

Old 11-08-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Conditions change over time, particularly for specific apartment complexes. So I am looking for current information. Thanks for the unhelpful post though.
Some apartment complexes are getting older, but are still very nicely maintained.

The newest ones always have a leg up on the older ones in terms of the design of the apartments, level of amenities, etc. For example the newer Pearl Flagler Village has pool cabanas with mini-fridges and flat screen TVs, and Peloton bikes in the gym. The older The Manor at Flagler Village and The Edge don't have this. Nonetheless, the pool at The Manor is still awesome.

The newest buildings are:

EON
Pearl
The Whitney

Newer:
The Manor
ORA
The Edge

The oldest are:
AMLI (had a recent renovation)
Solmar on Sixth (had a recent renovation)

Old 11-08-2019, 09:49 AM

The area is full of younger people - singles, couples, you name it. Mostly everyone is a professional, lots of people who work in various companies right in Fort Lauderdale and everywhere around. The streets are never empty, you feel alive living there. People walking, riding electric scooters, going to the bars and restaurants. And the quality of the area is constantly improving.

Old 11-08-2019, 10:38 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
Quote:
Good luck making friends if you move

Old 11-08-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I made a lot of friends when I lived in Flagler Village buildings. Only few disappeared, most are still in touch even though pretty much everyone has moved somewhere else.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
I won’t have a problem. Do you have any?

Old 11-09-2019, 10:43 AM

I even keep on making new friends at Flagler after I moved out of the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area