Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 03:03 PM

106 posts, read 137,019 times

Advertisements

Yes, there are still some options in Victoria Park depending on what you're looking for.

The best option I recently showed was a zoned Duplex with a pool, renovated and new roof which sold for 500k. (801 NE 17th Avenue) I took my client to see it as he was looking for a similar situation to OP-coming down as a vacation home and looking to rent in the off season. This house in particular was pretty awesome because he could still rent half of it either annually or seasonally while he used the other half after putting up some sheetrock and a door separating the units. My client wasn't quite ready to pull the trigger and someone ended up buying it.

There are some other options in Victoria Park at this price point but certainly not that many that were as turnkey as this one for the price point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 03:16 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,114,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattr82 View Post
Yes, there are still some options in Victoria Park depending on what you're looking for.

The best option I recently showed was a zoned Duplex with a pool, renovated and new roof which sold for 500k. (801 NE 17th Avenue) I took my client to see it as he was looking for a similar situation to OP-coming down as a vacation home and looking to rent in the off season. This house in particular was pretty awesome because he could still rent half of it either annually or seasonally while he used the other half after putting up some sheetrock and a door separating the units. My client wasn't quite ready to pull the trigger and someone ended up buying it.

There are some other options in Victoria Park at this price point but certainly not that many that were as turnkey as this one for the price point.
My bad, I'm thinking no SFH.

Old 11-15-2018, 06:26 AM

8,031 posts, read 4,702,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Can you still buy anything that isn't an absolute disaster in Victoria Park for $500K?

Waterfront back by Marina Mile. You are about 15 minutes to open water with no fixed bridges.
Thanks. At my under $500k price point, I'm getting Wilton Manors (near Wilton Drive) from multiple Realtors as the best choices for off season rental potential and upside appreciation.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:28 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,114,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
Thanks. At my under $500k price point, I'm getting Wilton Manors (near Wilton Drive) from multiple Realtors as the best choices for off season rental potential and upside appreciation.
That is actually REALLY good advice. WM rents all year long.

Old 11-16-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'm told Wilton Manors runs on its own all year long vibe, which is an advantage for anyone wanting to spend high season in their own house and rent the rest of the time. But, you have to be within walking distance of Wilton Drive.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:04 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,646,648 times
Coral Ridge neighborhood by East Oakland Park Boulevard. Close to the beach, restaurants, cafes, shoppings. Victoria Park is closer to Las Olas boulevard, but crime rate is much higher than Coral Ridge area its subdivisions.

Old 02-15-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Update: WM wouldn't have been our first choice for full time Florida living. But, for the winter, it seemed perfect enough. We ended up buying a small pool house less than a block off of Wilton Drive in the middle of everything. We'll see how the off season short term rentals go.

Old 01-11-2020, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Update: WM wouldn't have been our first choice for full time Florida living. But, for the winter, it seemed perfect enough. We ended up buying a small pool house less than a block off of Wilton Drive in the middle of everything. We'll see how the off season short term rentals go.
Update II: This ended up being the perfect location for living high season & doing vacation rentals the rest of the time. The house rented virtually the entire time we were gone. The off season rental income ended up much more than predicted by the property/rental manager.

Old 01-11-2020, 07:59 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,005,221 times
Quote:
Update II: This ended up being the perfect location for living high season & doing vacation rentals the rest of the time. The house rented virtually the entire time we were gone. The off season rental income ended up much more than predicted by the property/rental manager.
Good for you!

I did not respond to your OP in 2018, but I would have recommended houses for your price range in Fort Lauderdale: those within the rectangular area bordered by North - Commercial, maybe as far as Cypress Creek Blvd, South - Sunrise Blvd, West - Dixie Hwy, and East - US-1.

Old 01-11-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Good for you!

I did not respond to your OP in 2018, but I would have recommended houses for your price range in Fort Lauderdale: those within the rectangular area bordered by North - Commercial, maybe as far as Cypress Creek Blvd, South - Sunrise Blvd, West - Dixie Hwy, and East - US-1.
I think the magic was finding the right location where there was a strong off season summer vacation rental market. Rare, I'm told. We found it. In many, otherwise terrific locales, it dies. There were a total of 3 weeks from April - November it was vacant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area