Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 02:15 PM

1,947 posts, read 3,321,286 times

Advertisements

Looking to move to FL. I am very familiar with the FL lifestyle. Have done a lot of business in SE FL. I really like Delray, but I think Ft. Lauderdale would have a little more going on for me in terms energy. I am coming for the New York area and live in a high-rise. I love the emergence of Flagler Village and other areas so that you're not just tied to Las Olas. With Delray, it's pretty much Atlantic and Pineapple Grove. I am single, straight, no kids, 50 yrs.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 03:35 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,824,680 times
I think Fort Lauderdale has more to offer, plus it is a hop away from downtown Miami via Brightline.

While Delray is very nice, it is limited to Atlantic Ave and Pineapple Grove as you mentioned.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:37 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,098,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
Looking to move to FL. I am very familiar with the FL lifestyle. Have done a lot of business in SE FL. I really like Delray, but I think Ft. Lauderdale would have a little more going on for me in terms energy. I am coming for the New York area and live in a high-rise. I love the emergence of Flagler Village and other areas so that you're not just tied to Las Olas. With Delray, it's pretty much Atlantic and Pineapple Grove. I am single, straight, no kids, 50 yrs.

Thoughts?
I live downtown/Las Olas Fort Lauderdale and spend a couple of days a week in Delray. I think Fort Lauderdale has much better energy. I love the old Florida beach town aspect of Delray.

Flagler Village is definitely a lot younger, especially the bars in the area.

I would go with Fort Lauderdale over Delray.

Honestly though you could not go wrong with either.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:02 PM

36 posts, read 42,999 times
Fort Lauderdale...Probably since i lived in this city. But also since they are not far away you can always hop in the car and be quickly in another one and later come home...

Old 05-20-2018, 01:09 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,540,013 times
I would tend to agree with your assessment....more happening and more variety within FLL, whereas from Delray you are talking in driving increments of 15 minutes+ to the other towns that seems homogeneous and even more suburban to me. ..also, not sure if others have noticed or agree with me, but it seems Delray definitely has more of an ex-Jersey (vs. NY) flavor to it....plus FLL would be more central--you can always come down to Miami for the night or weekend or up to Palm Beach County if you want a little change.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:50 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
FLL hands down. You can visit Delray in 20 minutes if you feel the need.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:51 AM

1,169 posts, read 1,430,921 times
Fort Lauderdale would be the best choice that meets all of the criteria that you listed. There is currently a HUGE boom of high-rise residential development in Downtown FTL so you have plenty of options for high-rise living within close proximity to dining/shopping/nightlife/beaches/etc.

Not to mention, as stated by pp, the new Brightline train provides direct non-stop service between Downtown FTL and Downtown Miami so you get the best of both worlds!

Best of luck with your relocation!

Old 05-26-2018, 06:31 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,417,057 times
Ft Lauderdale!!!!

Old 05-27-2018, 07:54 AM

3,910 posts, read 9,467,870 times
Fort Lauderdale wins. There is way more to do, more singles, and you are closer to Miami. I will say that Delray’s strip on Atlantic Ave is superior to Las Olas for nightlife, but there is nothing else around in Delray besides the strip. In Fort Lauderdale you have other pockets of nightlife nearby.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:52 PM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan34 View Post
Fort Lauderdale wins. There is way more to do, more singles, and you are closer to Miami. I will say that Delray’s strip on Atlantic Ave is superior to Las Olas for nightlife, but there is nothing else around in Delray besides the strip. In Fort Lauderdale you have other pockets of nightlife nearby.
Nightlife on Atlantic Ave can be very senior citizen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area