Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 08:54 AM

8,377 posts, read 30,895,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey514 View Post
Does anyone have opinion about Bayview, Sea Ranch Lakes, Coral Ridge areas in Ft Lauderdale? Is Rio Vista safe or not? Thanks.
Bayview, Sea Ranch Lakes (very secluded and exclusive), Coral Ridge are absolutely gorgeous communities, nuff said. Rio Vista Isles is fine for safety, although I would bet there are a fair amount of burglaries in that area. I don't know if I like the idea of living so close to the power plant either, but it's a neat area, nice older neighborhoods. Out of those, I would pick Sea Ranch Lakes just because of how close it is to the water. Well, assuming you have an unlimited budget .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 06:01 PM

148 posts, read 682,558 times
Thanks for your information!

Old 03-29-2008, 07:19 PM

19 posts, read 59,191 times
Default Have you seen Hollywood

I live in Hollywood Hills. This is a very nice area. Quiet at night, no HOA fees, alley in the back and big lot. Downtown Hollywood has spent alot of money rebuilding our city. Check it out online www.hollywoodfl.com, I'm sure there are many websites out there. Our home is near between 95 and the Turnpike. Very convenient to everything. 10 min to beach and 15 to airport. My husband and I are wanting to sell our home soon if he gets this job in KY. Keep in touch if you're interested.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:11 AM

6 posts, read 16,279 times
I live in the neighborhood of Hollywood Hills in Hollywood. My sister goes to Hollywood Hills Elementary so if your children are still in elementary school, check it out cause it is the best school!

Old 03-30-2008, 07:35 PM

711 posts, read 1,855,996 times
What, in Hollywood Hills, qualifies as a hill?

Old 07-07-2008, 12:09 AM

23 posts, read 65,414 times
Hi Valeria,

I notice you said you had insight on private schools in the Broward area. I hear good things about American Heritage and North Broward Prep. I currently live in Hallandale and am basing my next move around the school or school district. At the moment it seems (without further detailed investigation) that Parkland would be the best place to live if I wanted to go public school or an area that is closer to AH (Plantation/Davie) or NBP (Coconut Creek?/Coral Springs). It seems like a bit of a waste to me to live in a high-priced area e.g. Weston or Parkland and not use the public schools.
Anthony

Old 07-07-2008, 01:01 PM

Hey, Anthony -- Do you need high school or elementary schools? In the Parkland area, the Stoneman-Douglas High School is highly rated among the state's public schools and in the nation. If you are looking at the elementary schools, there is some over-crowding at Pine Trails (this is also true of schools in Weston - but ask the other posters about those statistics). See if you can visit the schools in September. If you live up north, NB prep would not be too far to drive and it's a nice campus. You will probably get more house for the money in the older gated communities in Parkland, Coconut Creek, and north Coral Springs. Check out the property taxes in the different communities!

Old 07-07-2008, 09:01 PM

Hi Sharkey, that's great thanks. At the moment I do like the idea of Parkland but I do want to check out Coconut Creek and North Coral springs as you mention. More so because if I do go the Private School route I don't want to 'overpay' for good public school areas. I'll take a spin around Heron Bay also.
Do you know if there are safe communities in the Coconut Creek area? It's not an area I'd heard of before I saw that North Broward Prep was located there.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:22 AM

There are some neighborhoods near NB Prep. Also, there are some nice gated commununities in your price range west of 441 along Hillsboro Rd as it narrows- good public school near there, also. It's not a very big neighborhood - but the prices are better for these homes than the new construction, close to schools, close to parks and shopping. Find a good realtor in the area who can show you some of the neighborhoods along Holmberg road, also. Lots of kids in the neighborhood.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:26 PM

thanks for the info Sharkey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area