Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 06:24 AM

9,131 posts, read 6,180,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huihuihiuhuihiu View Post
I think you need to get out of your little bubble and stop basing your information on 2 billion people from Fox News. Have you met any Muslims? All of them condemn the religious extremists and none of them I know actually want to be associated with those people since they take their religion in the wrong way. Also, NO Muslim views women as slaves. Again, please meet some Muslims.
Why are you resurrecting a five year old thread merely to comment on a post that was better left back in 2016?

The best way to counter these threads is letting them die a natural death due to time. Your post brought this up to the top of the posting list. Now the post you disliked and with which you disagreed is at the top of the pile and will be read often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 05:06 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,119,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Why are you resurrecting a five year old thread merely to comment on a post that was better left back in 2016?

The best way to counter these threads is letting them die a natural death due to time. Your post brought this up to the top of the posting list. Now the post you disliked and with which you disagreed is at the top of the pile and will be read often.
Check his post history. You will know why.

Old 03-09-2021, 01:52 AM

72 posts, read 66,118 times
What's next? They're gonna ask that we teach the Arabic alphabet to our kids! Sheesh

Old 05-12-2021, 07:25 AM

880 posts, read 564,832 times
There is a mosque in Cooper City... but yeah, I know this is an old thread.

When I lived in Cooper City, I remember driving down near NOVA South Eastern University. There was a man with two women with full black Hijabs (black sheet). I don't know their relation... the man was walking in front, and the two women were walking behind. I was over at the Quarter Deck for lunch across the street, and I witnessed the guy crossing the street at least multiple times, and then he came back again, and again, and again. It was obvious to me that he was putting on a show for everyone... which I thought was ridiculous.

I live in Texas now... right next to an Immigration and Naturalization Services building. I remember driving by one day (it's next to a Home Depot) and a bunch of people came out with American flags in their hands. They were so happy, they had just been made citizens. I was just hauling some lumber back to my house for some renovations I was doing, and got stuck in the middle of it as they were crossing the street into the parking lot. The people coming out were so happy... I can't tell you how it made me feel... they were so proud to now be Americans. They were mostly Mexican, but also some Asian and European-looking individuals as well. I started honking and gave a big smile and a thumbs up... I just got caught up in the moment. Everyone was so happy, and they waved back. I then saw a man walk out on his cell phone, with a woman in a Hijab in tow... and two kids behind her. The woman took the American flags from the kids, as well as her own, and put the three of them directly in the trashcan outside. All four of them looked totally indifferent... and completely unconcerned.

I spent 6 months in Afghanistan, a month in Cairo, several weeks in Qatar, and at least a collective year in parts of Europe. What I saw from these people, including the ones in Fort Lauderdale crossing the street, was not indicative of the people in Qatar or Afghanistan, or Cairo... but the ones I saw in Europe. I have many Muslim friends who have assimilated the culture of the United States, and don't personally know any who have not... but I've clearly seen a few that haven't. I only ask that anyone who goes to any other country, to respect that country's values and not change it to fit your world view. We respect liberty and liberal ideas... but that doesn't mean our culture should be changed to conform to yours.

Old 05-18-2021, 01:25 AM

323 posts, read 260,427 times
A good way to look at this post would be to consider the double standard if the question ran the other way.

"We're a Christian family that's moving to Egypt or Saudi Arabia or Qatar. Is there a good place for good Christian people there?? There have been attacks on Christian and other religious minorities in these countries and many of the governments fund and/or sympathize with Islamic nut-job groups like ISIS, Al-Shabab and Boko Haram. Is there a good and safe place where we'll see other Christians?"

Imagine the little leftist heads exploding at a question like that.

Old 06-14-2021, 11:56 AM

18 posts, read 8,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBetrus View Post
A good way to look at this post would be to consider the double standard if the question ran the other way.

"We're a Christian family that's moving to Egypt or Saudi Arabia or Qatar. Is there a good place for good Christian people there?? There have been attacks on Christian and other religious minorities in these countries and many of the governments fund and/or sympathize with Islamic nut-job groups like ISIS, Al-Shabab and Boko Haram. Is there a good and safe place where we'll see other Christians?"

Imagine the little leftist heads exploding at a question like that.
There have been zero attacks in Saudi, the UAE or Qatar. I am an Indian and I have lived there its fine. I dont think any other arab country is fine though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area