Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 04:51 AM

26 posts, read 74,107 times

Advertisements

After finding the beach area a little pricey, I am about to bid on a condo at Sun Haven Towers, 1720 Jefferson Street. Does anyone have any information about this area or complex? I'm bidding on a two bedroom, two bath and it does have a nice pool and seems decent. Please, all you who know Hollywood, help me out with your comments. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 06:54 PM

443 posts, read 896,531 times
I'm not familiar with that condo but 17th and Jefferson is a much better neighborhood than 25th and Fillmore. It borders the Hollywood Lakes neighborhood, which is arguably the best area of the city. 1720 Jefferson is right off US 1, though, which can be a bit sketchy in places.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:15 AM

26 posts, read 74,107 times
Default Sun Haven Condos

Thanks for answering. I think it's a much better situation than the house on Fillmore. The street seems nice and it is in walking distance to downtown. The building has good security and the comps in the building are good. Not too many units come on the market and there are no rentals in the building. That is good for a condo building when it comes to resale and it seems like a stable building. I have a bid in and I am waiting. I bid a little low because the one drawback is the kitchen really needs redoing. The appliances are rusted and the cabinets are a little beat up. I would gut it, so I bid accordingly. Hope I am not making a mistake.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:35 AM

2 posts, read 3,242 times
Hello, I'm also thinking about moving to Hollywood fl but really need advice . I have a teenage daughter and looking for a A+school that's safe. I live in philly and don't want to live in a big city with heavy traffic anymore. really tired of the snow and cold weather. Looking for affordable living. Maybe we can both get the information and advice in order to make a location change. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Renee

Old 03-06-2014, 10:43 AM

4,346 posts, read 7,833,137 times
Not sure if A+ schools in Hollywood exist.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:07 PM

679 posts, read 878,702 times
It wouldn't be my first choice. You will trade living in a big city with heavy traffic to living in a smaller city with heavy traffic. Why not the west coast of Florida? It's a lot more affordable. Also, there aren't any jobs here except in the service industry.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:19 AM

1,488 posts, read 1,967,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheis0222 View Post
Hello, I'm also thinking about moving to Hollywood fl but really need advice . I have a teenage daughter and looking for a A+school that's safe. I live in philly and don't want to live in a big city with heavy traffic anymore. really tired of the snow and cold weather. Looking for affordable living. Maybe we can both get the information and advice in order to make a location change. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Renee
What is your budget for purchase or rent? How many bedroom/bathroom do you want? That would help us answer your question more accurately. But based on what you described, Hollywood is NOT where you should be. It has good areas but its very crowded with lots of traffic (not as bad as philly though). Plus all the public schools will have kids from the bad neighborhoods in Hollywood unless you plan on sending her to a private school.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,242 times
Thank u so much for ur feedback. I will take all into consideration. Thank u.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,414 times
Default Did you move to Hollywood, FL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvsseasand View Post
Hello,
I am a 37 year old single female who is thinking of moving to Hollywood,Fl very soon. My mother, who is 79 has a childhood friend that lives in Melbourne(heard it's a little too quiet there), and a daughter who lives in Hollywood. For the past week, I have read the posts here on this forum about South Florida, and a lot of bad things about it....overpopulated, crime, etc..,
I was wondering what everyone thought about Hollywood. My mother's friend's daughter (say that 5x fast ....has lived down there since 1990 and loves it....
I should tell you that I am a "mixed" person of color, who enjoys living in a diverse place with access to culture (jazz concerts, ballet, salsa dancing...), and a little bit of a urban hippie vibe....For the last 20 years of my life, I have been living in Scottsdale and Phoenix...and although this place has come a long way in the past 6 years in terms of diversity, it is still basically Los Angeles without the beach....All people do here is shop!...and the more asphalt shopping centers they build here, the hotter it gets!...today it was 116 degrees and humid (forget the dry heat myths!). Also, there is the influx of very poor mexicans, well-to-do east indians, and rednecks from the midwest...oh and don't forget the upper class, "Humvee-driving" Wasps...all just basically tolerating each other! I am truly tired of this place!....If you are not blond and blue eyed guys of all races completely ignore you here!
and yes, yes, I know Jordan Sparks is from here and she is mixed, plus has seemed to do fine here (in Glendale)....but she is the exception...and plus her father is a former NFL player, and she deals on a different financial level than I do.

Thanx for Any Feedback,
Sabrina
My husband and I are considering moving to Hollywood, FL. We are a mixed couple and prefer to live in a diverse community and do not have children. I am excited to hear if you moved and how you like it? Thanks ~Sam

Old 11-07-2015, 02:20 PM

1 posts, read 948 times
I am a mother of 4, looking to relocate to Florida with my fiance. We are not too familiar with Florida & need to find a place "kid friendly" & has a low crime rate. We also are looking for a location to open our restaurant. Can anyone give us any suggestions on good area to live & a good area for a business??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area