Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 03:26 PM

2 posts, read 27,655 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, can someone tell me about the Davie Boys gang? Are they a white gang? A new guy in my little social circle claims he was a part of this gang so I was just wondering.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 04:08 PM

159 posts, read 558,778 times
Well I'm sure the guy can tell you best if he was in the gang. The Davie boyz were around when I was growing up as were many gangs. For the most part they weren't anything like the gangs in Cali. It was mostly fighting other gangs or jumping people, using and selling drugs, some roberies, partying, girls, etc.

If I remember correct mc sugars arcade was one of their stomping grounds.

A lot of kids were in little gangs in the 90's in so fla. Dr. dre and snoop dog brainwashed them.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:18 PM

1,076 posts, read 2,368,284 times
I'd rethink your circle of friends... unless you like that sort of thing. So glad i'm moving in 2 weeks leaving Davie and headed north.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:26 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLShorty4lyfe View Post
I'd rethink your circle of friends... unless you like that sort of thing. So glad i'm moving in 2 weeks leaving Davie and headed north.
So there are no gangs in NC .... that ain't what I have heard

Most of Davie is lovely ... yes there are a few rough pockets , but overall especially West Davie is nice .... I have never heard of any major gang activity in the area ... mostly m&m wannabees from middle class upbringings .

Old 08-20-2010, 07:25 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,764,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Newman View Post
So there are no gangs in NC .... that ain't what I have heard

Most of Davie is lovely ... yes there are a few rough pockets , but overall especially West Davie is nice .... I have never heard of any major gang activity in the area ... mostly m&m wannabees from middle class upbringings .

M&M - I love that! LOL

Old 08-20-2010, 07:54 AM

23 posts, read 63,781 times
The Davie Boys were from the '80's. I recall them generally coming from trailer parks and blue collar neighborhoods, and that they really didn't do much other than hang out and try to look intimidating, but they actually weren't. Just some bored kids with no jobs trying to have an identity.

I'd be intrigued if he had been part of the Outlaws, but a Davie Boy? I think they actually listened to New kids on the Block back in the day.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:08 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,764,184 times
The word "gang" sounds so much cooler than "clique". My husband is a member of a motorcycle "crew" - I always call it a gang LOL! He doesn't like that though - apparently they don't want to be a gang.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:56 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,074,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakers101 View Post
Hey everyone, can someone tell me about the Davie Boys gang? Are they a white gang? A new guy in my little social circle claims he was a part of this gang so I was just wondering.

Thanks in advance.
God .... who cares ????

Old 08-22-2010, 07:30 PM

622 posts, read 1,664,871 times
The kids in Davie wish they could be gangsters!

Old 09-15-2011, 10:52 PM

1 posts, read 17,859 times
yeah right.. The davie boys was mostly the teens from davie road back to the lakes.. L, E and O lake and up to griffin rd. the trailer park was a whole different crew of people.. and for what its worth we were not a criminal gang but we stood for our hood. and fought. and yes chicks and partying. now for the other gangs.Ex-Legion, Zulu, K.O.P, 9Rv, The Mazda Boyz, ect.. and yes Mcsugars was our spot and so was Galaxy Skate ring. No we didnt listen to new kids on the block.. i remember losing a few friends back then. The boss was Jesus then. we was in the 80s to mid 90s the all the new kids was bull**** and it didnt last. i loved every minute of davie in the 80s and 90s. best years of my life.
and as far as the outlaws. yeah i know a bunch of them. the clubhouse on 61st and griffin road back then..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area