Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 06:08 PM

2 posts, read 8,188 times

Advertisements

yeh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 06:20 PM

2 posts, read 8,188 times
i know them all, i grew up in that neigborhood,. broadview park,.on peters rd, also galaxie skate way,.
jesus and david, from zulu nation, alot of chapters, in the 80s, and 90s, i bumped into couple of them not to long ago,.older, we all have bussinesses, and married now, and his cousins, i know them, those were the days,

Old 05-12-2015, 10:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,384 times
G Nail here what up Jesus?

Old 01-07-2021, 02:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,841 times
DavieBoy is right. I remember what very little was told to me and this is about spot on. I was in school in the late 80s. My understanding was about once a year there would be a brawl. The Davie Boyz had a big dude who pretty much could take on the opponent himself. He has a name( will be nameless) and was very rarely talked about. I think 1 picture of him floated about. No one would tell who developed or lead them. I do believe the members included some on west Griffin road in the acreage and a handful from the acreage near Shenandoah. McSugars was definitely a area and there was a shooting by a high school student who had relations to the group. McSugars eventually soon after was forced by the town to go out of business and a few years later it became a skating rink. Now growing older, I look back and think of some of their gang would claim to rumble but come back unscathed or they didn't go.

Old 07-14-2021, 05:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,625 times
Being a legion initiated 11yrs old than ex-legion by 17 r.i.p chico but Davie boys were soft. Between them and Zulu chapter 6 they had many more members ,yet still got stomped.but I will say chapter 6 had alot of members and not all of them were soft we had soft members aswell ran they mouth standing behind the real enforcers. old news move on them days are over...dudes on all sides have passed, in prison, on the street, or frankly moved on.this conversation should just be tucked away and not spoken anymore..none of us of all parts want to be reminded of the people we lost..some were bad but most were good peoe.some of us were friends before we chose sides.originally we were just a painting crew.ones involved and not..wow,BTS,mbs ,ups, tn7 and so on.squash it everyone who still alive grew up,have family's and so on ✌️❤️ ex-legion lives god bless all those still alive and the ones that are not w us anymore! To all members of all crews,were all grown now

Old 08-25-2022, 12:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,059 times
Default Davie Boys

I'm a Davie Boy from East Davie during the 80s. basically we were kids growing up during the 80s and 90s.. gangs were all the rage then. we were just raising hell. I'll be a Davie Boy to the grave but in comparison to gang banging, killing, selling dope and what not.. it was never a thing.. there was a few of course but.. a couple of generations of kids getting wild.. now old men reliving the glory days..hums my part of town

Old 09-22-2022, 06:59 AM

880 posts, read 563,967 times
I have to admit, the "Davie Boyz" sounds like the most hilarious thing I've ever heard in my life. I moved to Davie from Northern Virginia when I turned 18 and started going to then-called BCC. Davie was kind of a dump, but it had it's own charm.

"Davie Boyz" makes me think of some people who spend their weekend at U-Pull-It, and then hang out at the Beer Barn... (guilty as charged), and not really anything to be taken seriously. It sounds like maybe it's a car club or something?

Not to make this political... but white supremacist groups haven't really been a thing in South Florida for a couple of decades. I'm sure someone can find a link to something as an argument... but the truth is, when I first moved here in 1996, the state was a solid-blue Democrat state and the KKK was fairly strong. We'd get fliers stuffed in our door at Palm Trace Landings (which was brand new). Over the years as the state has become more "red," it's gentrified everything, and none of that KKK stuff exists anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area