Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 04:52 AM

252 posts, read 359,046 times

Advertisements

FYI... Citizens Insurance will not apply a discount for impact doors/windows unless every opening has been changed to up to code impact ...This includes a impact front door and garage door.

Even without s discount... it saves $ on electric bill, looks good and best protection .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 06:29 AM

38 posts, read 61,186 times
Back to the original question, we have a 2000 sq foot 3/2 home with 2 car garage and 1 slider, our quote was $23,000. We have not completed the job yet. Preferred insurance out of Tampa requires front door and garage door coverage to get the discount. Our quote did not include those 2 areas.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:26 PM

141 posts, read 288,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaduced View Post
FYI... Citizens Insurance will not apply a discount for impact doors/windows unless every opening has been changed to up to code impact ...This includes a impact front door and garage door.

Even without s discount... it saves $ on electric bill, looks good and best protection .
I believe what you are saying is that you don't necessarily need impact windows at every opening - only hurricane approved protection which can be a combination of non-rated windows with approved shutters. Using impact windows on the ground floor without putting shutters over them is a bit fool-hearty unless you don't mind buying new ones after they get broken. I'm the type of person who likes to protect my investment.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:30 PM

141 posts, read 288,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueannss98 View Post
Back to the original question, we have a 2000 sq foot 3/2 home with 2 car garage and 1 slider, our quote was $23,000. We have not completed the job yet. Preferred insurance out of Tampa requires front door and garage door coverage to get the discount. Our quote did not include those 2 areas.
JMO, but I would think that you should be able to get clear hurricane shutters for half of that cost. I saw some on Craig's List.....just sayin'.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:14 PM

174 posts, read 255,208 times
I could write a book about hurricane impact windows! Im a general contractor, helped my little bro remodel his condo at Watergarden. We decided to go Home Depot. Nightmare. never again. Your mileage may vary

Old 01-15-2015, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 4,456 times
3 French doors, a front door and slider window from the kitchen and 8 other windows in a boca raton,large front picture window 3/2bath ranch home built in 69. with impact everything, what am I looking at total price and installation.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:25 AM

252 posts, read 359,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missguided1 View Post
I believe what you are saying is that you don't necessarily need impact windows at every opening - only hurricane approved protection which can be a combination of non-rated windows with approved shutters. Using impact windows on the ground floor without putting shutters over them is a bit fool-hearty unless you don't mind buying new ones after they get broken. I'm the type of person who likes to protect my investment.

Yes, I stand corrected... Citizens says a combination of impact windows & shutters does qualify for the discount. Thanks

Old 04-19-2015, 10:44 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
East coast, recommended on. Angie's list also. They did mine. No problems...

Old 08-13-2016, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,392 times
Home Depot $25k... One oversized slider, Double Entry Front Doors, 2 bathroom windows and 9 other windows in house. None of the windows and doors are "standard" size for today's codes... ALL impact and complete and total lifetime warranty.... You get what you pay for.... (Tamarac, FL)

Last edited by Jeanznpearlz; 08-13-2016 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: Missed word

Old 09-03-2016, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,290 times
I can tell you that when I installed mine a year ago I had many quotes due to being confused and new at this.
I found that doors were about $2000 to $2200 each and windows depending on the size were about $700 each per window, not opening which was where I was confused at first

we ended up using Broward Impact and were not disappointed with pricing or quality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area